Wanted: A mission driven professional with 3-5 years of experience and a Secret Clearance to become our next Network Technician. This is a telecommuter/remote and travel position.
As a Network Technician you will:
- Provide technical and operational support in the installation of network, LANs/WANs, and telecommunications equipment and systems.
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of Network Technician:
- Test and analyze elements of network facilities (power, communications equipment, software lines, modems, and terminals).
- Conduct various surveys such as electronic/electrical, mechanical and environment systems, space and weight, maintainability, and logistic support to determine feasibility of installations.
- Activate/deactivate network lines according to established schedules.
- Provide technical support to end-users and perform first/second-level troubleshooting.
- Provide on-site end-user training on system operations and maintenance.
- Interface with network vendors and maintain overall functionality of networks.
- Monitor systems, advise senior staff of network failures or degradation, and assist in arranging for corrective actions plans.
- Experience/Knowledge with router and switch configurations
- Track and coordinate individual tasks for labor utilization, job performance quality, and scheduling
- Provide training and/or guidance for junior technicians
- Secret Clearance required
- CompTIA Security+ Certification required
- Must be will to travel extensively (60% - 70%), CONUS and OCONUS
- HS Diploma (or equivalent)
- Training in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Computer Science or related field
- Extensive knowledge of network industry standard principles
- SIPRNET Familiarity is a strong plus
- Ability to develop technical solutions to problems with limited supervision
- Highly motivated, self-starter and team player with a high energy level and willingness to aggressively take on responsibility
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to approach job responsibilities with a focus on process improvement
- Able to work and effectively communicate with all levels of management, including executive management
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Unconditional integrity and commitment to achieving goal
50 - 60%
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
Forbes Best Midsize Companies 2021, National Best Workplace Award 2021
AWARDED “BEST OF THE BEST” by U.S. Veterans Magazine and “TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY” by MilitaryFriendly.com