About Nuspire Networks:
Nuspire is a state-of-the-science, managed network security service provider with more than two decades of industry experience, providing network management, monitoring, and security services for some of the largest and most distinctive companies in the world.
Nuspire utilizes big data, cloud driven technologies, custom-built and integrated with unique threat intelligence, and human analytics to meet the managed security needs of enterprise organizations with geographically dispersed networks. Solutions are delivered with service level commitments for network security, performance, and compliance. Nuspire is the benchmark for managed security services and maintains unparalleled cybersecurity technologies deployed globally.
The Security & Network Operations Agent will primarily be responsible for ensuring the success of day-to-day 24 x 7 monitoring and response activities of the Security & Network Operations Center (SNOC). The SOC/NOC agent performs security event investigations, supports client incident response processes, and manages SOC cases. Duties include:
- Perform real-time status monitoring of internal and customer security equipment (IDS, IPS, HID, firewalls) and systems to determine operational status and performance, using SOC Operational Support Systems (i.e. various SIEMs, security vendor management/console workstations)
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution on internal and customer security equipment and systems
- Analyze both raw and processed security event data to identify potential security incidents, threats and vulnerabilities
- Perform initial incident investigation to be used by the Security Analyst for event investigation
- Initiate incident notification, case tracking/management and recovery actions
- Working knowledge of well-known networking protocols, services and operating systems (TCP/IP, LDAP, Radius, IPX, NETBUI, IPSEC, HTTPS, SSL, SSH, SFTP, SMTP, PPTP, PPP, SMB, SNMP, RIP, Windows, UNIX, Linux)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works well in a team environment and independently
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong customer service attitude
- Hand-on experience managing IP Networks, Intrusion Detection Sensors (host and network), Intrusion Prevention Systems and firewalls highly desired
- Enrolled or completed Associate’s degree in Information Security, Network Security, Computer Science or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Network Security, Computer Science or a related field
- Basic information security certification such as: CCENT, CCNA, Net+, Security+
- Great experience and growth with a global leader in network security
- Locations in: Commerce Twp., MI – Walled Lake, MI – Cincinnati, OH – Centennial, CO
- Nuspire provides a top work environment, as recognized by Crains Detroit, Golden Bridge "Best and Brightest," Corp! Magazine and The Detroit News.
- Full benefits including but limited to: 6 different Blue Cross Medical HMO and PPO Options, MetLife Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance, 401k and Monthly PTO accrual from your first day of employment, along with many opportunities to earn additional PTO through monthly employee awards and participation in ‘Nuspire Good Time’ Events.
- ‘Nuspire Good Time’ events 2x per month to build team cohesion.
- Nuspire is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Awards & Recognition
- Gartner Inc. included Nuspire in “2010 & 2011 Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, North America”
- Selected as a “Top Workplaces” winner in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2015
- INC Magazine “One of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies”
- Nuspire was highlighted as a "Michigan's key IT story” in 2009 and 2010 in its 'Upper Hand' commercials featuring Jeff Daniels.
- TMCnet.com Tech Culture Award, 2016
- Crain’s Detroit Business Best as a “Coolest Places to Work” winner 2008
- Corp! Magazine’s ‘Economic Bright Spot’ winner, 2017
- Best & Brightest Places to Work in Metro Detroit Winner 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Best & Brightest Places to Work National Winner 2011, 2017, 2018
About Nuspire Employee Culture:
Nuspire has signed managed services solutions contracts in South America, Europe and Asia while continuing to expand its network operations centers and data centers in North America. This continued growth over 20 consecutive years allows employees to have constant opportunities to expand their role and responsibilities within the organization.
At the core of Nuspire's business model is its emphasis on the human component of business. Nuspire provides network management, monitoring, and security as a service to large organizations and the people, expertise, and experience are critical to our success. This ideal is not only reflected in how Nuspire delivers services to its customers but also in how it treats its employees. The culture is focused on building team cohesion and employee career growth through a blending of traditional programs and unique outside of the box experiences.
Nuspire strives to be an industry leader; the employees it hires have the drive and talent to be leaders in their field. Nuspire's employee culture reinforces these ideals; rewarding excellence while providing a unique and exciting business environment. To find out more, please visit www.nuspire.com