The Network Operations Center, located in Cookeville, Tennessee, currently has an opening for the position of a Network Technician. The NOC supports the customer's network and supporting infrastructure. We work with numerous teams and individuals via email, telephone, chat, and direct ticket submission. We support off hour's coverage for all customers, ensuring 24/7 seamless operations.
Applicants must be flexible to work any 8-hour shift within our hours of operation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with possibility of overnights, weekends, and holidays. This position is for a five-day, 40-hour workweek. We are seeking candidates who live in, or around, the Cookeville, TN area. Qualifications
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or, High School and five (5) years related experience with relavent certification.
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience working in complex LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Familiarity with concepts and best practices of Network Security
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on accurate and succinct documentation of all work performed for ticketing purposes and collaborating with team members.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance
- Available for shift oriented work, in a 24/7 environment, and able to work holidays as needed
My SAIC Benefits.