Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a government contractor, Peraton abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Responsibilities
Network Telephony Engineer with experience in VoIP and telephony services. Design and develop enterprise VoIP and telephony solutions to meet our customers requirements. Responsible for establishing a program baseline and common architecture, as well as integrating existing systems into the developed baseline standard. Other duties include resolving system issues when they arise, train program personnel on how to provision, deploy, and manage the VoIP infrastructure, as well as work any new VoIP/telephony requirements. Review peers' designs and ensure solution is sound. Must be able to work in a large team environment and collaborate when needed.
(This position may be in Chantilly or Tysons area)
- Designing a new VoIP system maintaining a farm of mission critical servers that ingest customer data and store that data for up to 10 years.
- Ensure that the servers are operable and healthy, perform upgrades and maintenance when needed.
- Work with customer analysts to ensure environment meets their needs and is performing efficiently.
- Work with Cisco to identify and implement new upgrades or technology shifts
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Must have a current TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
- 4 years of experience in VoIP/Telephony
- Must understand virtual server technologies
- Avaya telephony systems
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communications Server (VCS)