Network and Security Engineer
Network and Security Engineer:
Our direct client in Montvale, NJ is seeking a Network and Security Engineer. You will be responsible for setting the future direction of technology and maintaining the present security and availability of network and systems. Ideal candidates will have a background in technology having worked for a small to medium sized business (under 500 people).
Qualifications / Skills:
- An understanding of networking protocols and routing.
- An understanding of Routers, Hubs, Switches
- Experience with security such as Encryption, Log Monitoring, Firewall
- Strong scripting in Powershell or VB Script
- Strong experience in core technologies such as Windows OS, Server hardware, Active Directory, VMWare/Hyper-V, Microsoft Azure, DNS, DHCP, AD, Group Policy, etc.
- Knowledge of anti-malware and threat prevention technologies
- Mobile Device Management & Troubleshooting
- Experience with core Microsoft Office Products
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Proven customer service and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills; accuracy and consistency is important
- Must be able to prioritize projects, maintaining a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well independently exercising good judgment
- Must be able to work positively and professionally with a wide range of personalities and accept constructive criticism Required Education/Experience:
- Ideal candidates will possess a minimum of 5-7 years on the job.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, math, computer science, information systems, engineering or related technical field is required.
Job ID: 4206