ProjectEngineer, Mechanical in Towson, Maryland
DEWALT Cordless Power Tools
We Don't Just BuildTheWorld, We Build Innovative Technology Too. Who You Are
You're astrongproblem solver wholoves digging into the details to fully understand what is going on.You havefixed a lot ofproblems,so you knowhow sort out what is meaningful and what is not to be as efficient as possible.You have run DOE's and done the statistics to make well informed decisions.You like getting your hands dirty and want to be the onedisassembling a problem to find out what is broken and how to fix it.Youare comfortable taking the lead, andenjoy coaching, teaching, and developingtalent.You are looking for ahigh-visibility role where you can make an immediateand lastingimpact.You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You want to work on a project where you can see the fruits of your labor come to life and enjoy seeingthe finished product on the shelves of major retailers around theglobe. Youalso have:
What You'll Do
- An openness to relocate if not presently located in this area
- ABachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with7+years experience.5+years(3+ with advanced degree in related field)ofexperienceinmid/high volume product development.
- Experiencesupervising engineers, andyouenjoycoaching, mentoring, and developing talent.
- A proventrack record inProject Management;Youare familiar managing New Product Developmentprojects within a Stage Gate Process, arehighly organized, and comfortablereporting out tomanagement.
- A strong backgroundinmechanicaldesign;you have knowledge in material selection and related manufacturing processes for componentsandcandemonstrateyourabilityapplyingDFM / DFA design principles.
- Experience in Advanced Product Engineering,solvingdifficulttechnical problems by developing new & creative designsand solutions, risk analysis (DFMEA), patent research.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances GD&T per ASME Y14.5-2009.
- A demonstrated ability to dissect a problem to find the root cause,designrobustsolutions,andcreate an effective and fasttest method to prove out the fix.
As aProjectEngineer, you'll be part of our Global Tools & Storageteam located inTowson, MD. Specifically, you'll:
What You'll Also Get
- Leadateam of1~3engineers& designers,developingdesigns and processes fornext generationof power tools.
- Provide leadership,advice, and engineering expertise to colleagues, and you'll mentor, train, and developjuniorengineers and designers.
- Coordinate internal and externalresources andwill develop and maintain key supplier relationships. Develop internal capabilities wherever possible and own the processstart to finish.
- Successfully carry out the design process to achieve quality, performance, schedule, and cost objectives in a cross-functional environment. You'll be accountable and will own the results.
- Collaboratecross functionally with non-engineering disciplines including operations, marketing, and sourcingon strategicinitiativesincludingcomplexity reduction,cost reduction,warranty reduction,mfg.plant transfers, and others.
- Lead team members throughadvanced tolerance stack-ups and system analysis to ensure product assembly and functionality remain consistent throughout its lifetime.
- Performhands-on concept development, prototyping, product testing, data collection and definition of product specifications.
- Investigate design issues & test failures, and effectively identify, recommend,and implement corrective actions to componentsand/ormfg.process.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Product Marketing, Reliability,Field Research)to identify and clearly define customerrequirements andtranslate those requirements into appropriate product specificationsand develop test systems to ensure we meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Implementdesign and processcontrols, conduct root-cause analysis, and applystatistical and Lean Six-Sigma techniques to maintain and improve product qualityas problems arise thru the product development cycle.
- Support theMilestone processfor all engineering requirements todeliver a product that meets our history of guaranteed tough products.
Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here.Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths. We need all kinds of people, so whether you want tobecome atechnicalexpert, or grow your skills in multiple disciplines,you have come to the right spot.
Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities). We also focus on havingtechnical experts in each area that are there to guide you along theway,so you are never alone.
Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Hands on environment: We love toolsand using them!We have prototyping, use & handling, testing,inspectionand metallurgy labs all right here in Towson.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.