Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Quality Manager
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker
is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
Stanley Black & Decker is seeking an APQP Quality Manager to support the Quality improvement initiatives within the Hand-Tools, Power Tools Accessories & Storage Group (HTAS). The APQP Quality Manager will embed and maintain the Quality Model assigned into New Product Development in accordance to the GTS Milestone Process. Make sure all Quality Deliverables are met at each stage of the project. Leverage data analytics to understand opportunities for products quality improvement and partner with the Product Engineering team to ensure we have robust design to meet the customer expectations, minimize risk of warranty returns and avoid liability exposure for New Product Development. The scope of this role will include but is not limited to: quality & cost data analysis, specs definition, FMEA, testing protocol, Design Qualification Test Plan, post-launch audit, customer ratings, teardown analysis, root cause analysis, corrective & preventive action investigations. The position is responsible for gathering & processing quality data and providing monthly reports both internally & externally for the company as required. The position will utilize this data to drive continuous improvement relative to product Safety & Quality. This role will drive our Mission to Deliver an Exceptional Customer Experience through Quality Excellence of Products, Processes and Services. Responsibilities
- Support the HTAS Global Quality Director regarding the execution of the Quality Strategy around the Mission, Vision and Strategic Initiatives for New Product Development (NPD).
- Focus on customer satisfaction at all times (Quality Always); Lead, coach, mentor direct/dotted line reports and cross-functional teams in alignment with the Quality Policy, Objectives & Strategy; create network to share and stimulate Quality best practices and foster the Quality culture; leverage ISO 9001 to drive continuous improvement.
- Embed and maintain the Quality Model assigned into New Product Development, in accordance to the GTS Milestone Process outlined by the Organizational Strategic Goals; liaison and negotiation throughout the Milestone Process; completeness of Quality Deliverables at each stage of the MS Sign Off, complimenting the team success of the project: on time, on cost, and with CTQs & Quality Performance targets met; the Quality Model within the Milestone (MS) process is owned by all departments ensuring Performance, Reliability and Durability with zero tolerance to Safety and Compliance.
- Ensure Quality Control Plans & Warranty Predictions are agreed with accountability throughout the project timeline inter-connected to Design, Compliance, Manufacturing, Reliability and Marketing deliverables.
- Provide quality analysis of existing products through product ratings, customer feedback, warranty returns & service center details (repair/exchange/DIF), tear down analysis, EOL/FSA/DC/lab test data, CTQ's, previous FRACAs; Participate to the Warranty Model Prediction, product safety & component SC review, risk Analysis, establishment and execution of FRACA, design & process FMEA, Control Plan.
- Partner with Product Engineering on specs definition, testing protocol and Design Qualification Test Plan.
- Partner with plant QA Manager or SQE leader on PPAP completion; FPI, GR&R Measuring Systems & Gages, Six-Sigma scorecard, PFMEA, Control Plan; FRACA and Warranty Prediction completeness.
- Partner with DCs regarding QC inspection of first batches; Release hold of inventory after Audit completion; launch Early Warning System.
Lead post-launch audit, evaluation of Warranty Prediction, customer feedback, early warning teardown analysis, lessons learned, root cause analysis, corrective & preventive action process 8Ds/5Ys, deployment skills, closed-loop Quality control and validation.QualificationsEducation:
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Quality, Reliability, Manufacturing or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical & Materials Engineering), or equivalent experience.Required experience and skills include:
5+ years of professional work experience with direct proven experience in the following areas:
- Strong experience in program management; experience with milestone process, or equivalent, deliverables
- Experience with Quality Management Systems ISO 9001, Quality Assurance Processes and New Product Development approval process APQP/PPAP.
- Solid manufacturing process experience; material control; personnel training-skills matrix; Lean techniques; Smart building; FPI, EOL Test, FTP, SQA/PPAP, FSA, PSI, Safety, Compliance; assembly working ethic & procedures; risk management.
- Proven experience with Quality Tools: DMAIC, GR&R, Cpk, SPC, DFMEA, PFMEA, Risk Assessment, Situation Analysis, Warranty Evaluation & Modeling, FRACAS, Test results, Benchmarking, ABC Analysis, CTQ Matrix, Customer Feedback Evaluations, Problem Solving 5Ys/8Ds.
- Lean 6-sigma certification desired; analytical skills with experience in the application of statistical methods
- Effective at performing data analysis using software such as Excel, MiniTab, etc ...
- Project management skills demonstrated; solid analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication & presentation skills both written & oral; ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated success in facilitating cross-functional teams, teamwork spirit, daily management; build & maintain good relationships with key stakeholders in the plant and at the SBU level (Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, Product Management, Compliance/Reliability, Sourcing, Finance); capability to work with cross-functional team in a global matrixed organization to achieve results.
- Change agent with the ability to influence all levels.
- Ability to establish program objectives or performance goals and assess programs.
- Organized and disciplined with logical approach to data management.
- Self-motivated individual with the desire to achieve low risk product solutions.
- Self-starter, able to self-motivate and complete tasks with limited supervision; autonomous.
- Travel expected regionally/globally.
- Fluent in English.
We are Bold and Agile, Yet Thoughtful and Disciplined. Our Values Aligned with Purpose:
- Courage & Innovation
- Agility & Performance
- Inclusivity & Collaboration
- Integrity & Accountability
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.