HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions Inc. (HII-MDIS) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII - MDIS is currently seeking a NoSQL Big Data Developer to work out of their Fairfax, VA office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- New application development and production application support
- Analyze, design, develop, test, and implement distributed applications as part of a systems development team
- Provide feedback on and adhere to delivery dates
- Work with large streams of data with tools like Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Scala
- Proficient with common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Shell, Perl and etc.
- Extensive experience with one or more platforms: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Oracle
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent years of experience (focus in technical field a plus, for example: engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field) plus at least 7 years of professional experience
- 5+ years of experience developing Java based software solutions
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Hadoop tools
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation, including stream processing
- 2+ years of experience building data pipelines.
- Excellent analytic, troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze complex and large amounts of data
- Strong communications skills (both verbal & written)
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Must be able to obtain and keep a USPS Sensitive Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder and have been living in the U.S. for at least the last five years
- Must not have traveled outside of the United States for more than 180 days in the last five years
- All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements.
See Job Description