NoSQL DeveloperJob Location: Merrifield, VAOverview:
NikSoft Systems Corporation is a recognized Information Technology solutions provider. Founded in 1998 and based in Reston, Virginia, NikSoft is a CMMI Level 3 Certified company with an established reputation for excellence and on-time delivery with a consistently high customer satisfaction rating from its Federal Government and private consulting partners.
NikSoft is currently looking for a NoSQL Developer
to join our federal client's Enterprise Analytics team. The successful candidate will develop Business Intelligence solutions in an unparalleled large-scale enterprise environment with 100+ data sources churning out over 1.3 billion transactions per day (over 40k per second!), where nearly 35 Petabytes of data are housed and the use of super-computers and in-memory databases are needed to process and support 100s of mission-critical business applications. Join the NikSoft team and take your career to the next level.Responsibilities
- Work with large streams of data with tools like Apache Solr, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flume, and Cassandra.
- New application development and production application support as part of a rapid application development team.
- Analyze, design, develop, test, and implement distributed applications and modules as part of a systems development team.
- Serve as the in-house Big Data expert to support a fast-paced and dynamic Business Intelligence solutions group.
- Provide end-to-end technical expertise and knowledge in support of architecture, design, and development of NoSQL solutions.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, in both written and oral formats.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related Information Technology discipline.
- 10+ years of IT experience with 5+ years of experience building Java based solutions in the Business Intelligence domain.
- Proficient with common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, and Perl.
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation, including stream processing, preferably Spark Streaming.
- 2+ years of experience building data pipelines.
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Hadoop tools.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
****Candidates must be able to obtain a Postal Sensitive Clearance (====ship or ==== required). Additionally, candidates must not have traveled outside of the USA for a combined period not to exceed 6 months within the last 5 years.***
- Experience with Apache Cassandra.
- Experience programming in Scala.
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile development environment.