Description Job Description:
Leidos is excited about our continued work with a Federal law enforcement agency. We are seeking a Mid/Senior Node Developer in Fairfax, VA, to support the development and maintenance of DoJ applications and infrastructure. The Node Developer must have the ability to work in an environment where creativity, adaptation to change is required and have good verbal and written communication skills. The selected individual will work on a project migrating legacy Java applications to a new architecture.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, and maintain software for a new application which includes back end, web interface, and splash pages in Linux environment.
- Work with product owners, team leads, requirement analysts, test engineers, and system administrators as required
- Participate in daily and monthly Agile activities per the customer's software development lifecycle process
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 4+ years of relevant experience
- Full-stack software development experience with Node.js (2 or more years) with detailed understanding of user interface frameworks, back-end software architecture interactions and node module capabilities.
- Strong development experience with developing RESTful Web Services using Node.js
- Complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution of issues within open source applications.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development and testing.
- Working knowledge of Scrum development process including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience with Docker
- Experience developing application using Oracle, SQL server, Redis and MongoDB.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment and agile processes
- Experience working with government as a federal IT contractor
- Experience with Jenkins and Continuous Integration.
- Experience with version control systems such as MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Git
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.