At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation's military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman's 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29 .The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman - Military Internship Program (DoD SKillbridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program. Goals
- Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.Objectives
- Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission "Defining Possible" on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.Outcome
- Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
- Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Global Operations Security is seeking a well-qualified PC Desktop Technician for a classified government program on the Clearfield, UT Site. Individual will perform the following duties on a day to day basis in support of the program.
- Provides technical support for computers and associated networks.
- Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors. Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks. Performs basic PC setups.
- Instructs and assists users in the use of personal computers and networks. Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases. Maintains trouble logs.
- Completes paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Follows all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software. Works with Security to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
- Coordinates with users, IT staff, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management.
- Reviews the trouble ticket queue to identify issues that need to be addressed. Works through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated). Resolves tickets within established SLAs. Raises issues that require management attention or involvement.
- Establishes and maintains high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
- Works with system administrators and other staff to resolve support issues, escalating where appropriate.
- Participates in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
- Exhibits good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
- Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Work after hours and weekends as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of additional experience OR Associate's degree and 0 years of experience
- Current IAM Level I certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater or ability to obtain with 6 months of start date
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Ability to be cleared to special access programs
- Experience with Microsoft products such as Windows Desktop OS, Office Product Suite
- Bachelors of Science or other technical based degree
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- CASP+ or CISSP
- Proficiency in remote administration and troubleshooting of desktop PCs, Visio, PowerShell
- Experience with zero and/or thin client devices
- Experience in Active Directory configuring user and computer accounts
- Cross-platform experience (i.e. two or more: Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX, UNIX, etc.)
$39,600 USD - $66,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.