Description Job Description:
Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (C3) Systems Analyst to support our USSTRATCOM Systems Engineer & Integration (SE&I) customer. Our customer serves as principal enterprise systems engineering, enterprise architecture, and technical authority for the Nuclear C3 Enterprise within DoD and oversee systems engineering and integration for the entire National Leadership Command Capability (NLCC) infrastructure.
This work will be performed at Ft Meade, MD (DISA Headquarters). A current and active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required.
The Nuclear C3 Analyst will:
REQUIRED SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Assist with a major new design opportunity that will focus on engineering, analysis, and documentation of both current and future objective Enterprise Architectures as well as on alternative architecture development for acquisition strategy decisions for evolving the Nuclear C3 System.
- Participate as an active member of the technical design team for the Future Nuclear C3 Architecture Development Effort that will describe and integrate all current planning for modification, upgrade, evolution, and modernization of existing nuclear C3 system components. These activities will focus on implementing System-of-System methodologies and integrating Nuclear C3 System Architectures into a detailed, enterprise architecture.
- Develop recommendations concerning continuation, modification, or elimination of current Nuclear C3 system enhancement plans. Coordinate the collection and assessment of existing research that includes current proven solutions and emerging concepts for national and Nuclear C3 to the extent they are known.
- Refine existing high level operational, system, and technical views to the extent needed to comprehensively describe the architecture. A limited enterprise architecture methodology shall be used within the Nuclear C3 functional domain to allow for the required visualization of the derived information. The Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) will be considered as a development reference but not a development requirement.
- Assess the ability of the current and planned capabilities to achieve the desired Nuclear C3 mission outcomes and execute the identified tasks, under the full range of operating conditions to fully meet the Nuclear Technical Proficiency Criteria (NTPC) standards. Gaps or redundancies will be identified, the attributes and parameters of Nuclear C3 systems will be used to fill the gaps, and operational mission priorities will also be used for the elimination of gaps or redundancies.
- BS in technical engineering related fields and 10+ years of experience. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Possess active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Possess experience using Nuclear C3 operational procedures currently used with the strategic nuclear capable forces in support of presidential and joint staff nuclear communications.
- Demonstrate experience conducting architecture/performance trade-off analysis, and engineering designs of Nuclear C3 systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience regarding Nuclear C3 and overall Nuclear C3 requirements, operations, and procedures and proven ability to prepare Nuclear C3 analysis, documentation, and reports.
- Possess an understanding of, and experience, with operations and technical characteristics of Nuclear C3 systems to include strategic communications systems, sensor and radar systems, and communications systems deployed at nuclear command centers and on nuclear capable platforms.
- Possess deep knowledge of Nuclear C3 systems and operational and analytical experience in nuclear/strategic systems based upon experience within the Nuclear C3 community.
- Possess a detailed understanding of national policy, DoD/Joint Staff guidance, and technical performance criteria requirements regarding Nuclear C3 operations.
• Ability to apply enterprise architecture concepts to specific secure and survivable communications development tasks in a structured approach that supports the five Nuclear C3 functions.
• Expertise in the areas of DoD acquisition/requirements processes, systems analysis, engineering, and nuclear weapons effects regarding communications within the Nuclear C3 system.
• Knowledge of activity, data and process modeling techniques and practices, to include hands on experience with engagement area (EA) development modeling tools.
• Experience working with senior Nuclear C3 community stakeholders such as OSD (NII), Joint Staff, and USSTRATCOM.
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI Travel:
Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.