SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc.,
it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. Title
: Developer Advisor Location
: Indianapolis, IN / Atlanta,GA / Mason, OH / Norfolk, VA Essential duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for programming on specific application subsets of the company's application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Assesses current status and supports data information planning.
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
- Maintains technical development environment.
- Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Supports vendor evaluation.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts.
- Familiar with Agile best practices and using Jira to promote those best practices
This position supports Anthem's federal contracting business, which is subject to the Covid-19 vaccination requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidance. Individuals performing work in this position must be able to prove they are fully vaccinated by providing required documentation. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email TalentAcquisition_VaccinationSupport@anthem.com
. Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Requires BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training; 5 or more years related experience; multi platform experience; , expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) + match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
- Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead multiple small projects and provide troubleshooting support.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience supporting document capture and OCR in an ECM capture system such as RapidCAPTURE, Datacap, Kofax, Hyland, etc)
- Experience in working with different components of Document management systems such as Capture, Delivery & Storage would be an advantage.
- Experience with FileNet P8 and/or IBM CaseManager a plus
- General programming and development proficiencies Java, Python, C#, REST Web Services, .Net Core a plus
- Experience with applications in Docker / Kubernetes
- Integration with third party services via APIs, SOAP and Web Services preferred
- SQL and database experience (PostGreSQL, SQL Server, MongoDB)
- Experience with Linux would be a plus
- Knowledge and some experience with modern integration architecture styles/APIs (REST, WebServices)