Ø Job Description:
The Senior QA Engineer is responsible for assuring the quality of the client’s internal and customer-facing applications using automation as well as black-box and white-box testing techniques. Duties include trouble-shooting and resolving test code, test environment and infrastructure issues, as well as working with test case management, issue tracking, source control, database, requirements management, reporting, and other tools.
In the course of performing this function, the individual relies on his or her extensive background in software development, QA lead activities, system administration, manual testing, script automation, frameworks, and associated organizational processes.
The Senior QA Engineer is a member of the Systems Integration End to End testing team, reports to the Manager of Quality Assurance.
- Perform both “black box” and “white box” testing of SIE’s internal and customer-facing applications by analyzing applications and requirements and designing and executing test cases.
- Integrate, support, use and maintain issue tracking systems such as JIRA. Source control tools such as GitHub. Test case management systems such as JIRA or qTest
- Work with QA team members, software developers and system and database administrators to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience performing manual and automated software testing in a team environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience automating in a Java, Selenium framework
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related software engineering discipline
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Relational Databases
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SAFe, Scrum
- Ability to work constructively with developers, QA, IT, and Project managers towards a common goal
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A team player who does not need extensive supervision
- Experience in multi-system Integrations, End to End testing
- Experience working with large-scale project repository of test cases and defects
- Experience with programming and scripting languages such as: Selenium, JAVA
- Experience creating and troubleshooting complex queries
- Experience with JIRA for Agile practices
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with JSON, XML
- Experience testing APIs, web services
- Experience testing on PS3, PS4, or other game, console-based client devices
- Experience with CMS systems is a plus
- Experience with web application servers such as Tomcat, and Web servers such as Apache
- Experience using JIRA for issue tracking
- Experience using QASymphony qTest for test case management
- Candidate may need to travel, needs to hold proper international travel documentation