Description Job Description:
This position will allow for clearance sponsorship up to a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance. US Citizenship is required.
Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer for the Reston/Chantilly, VA areas. In support of a DoD/intel program, the engineer will develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems. The engineer will support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational cyber missions. Work includes engineering robust infrastructure, end-point capabilities, and command and control systems. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Apply knowledge/experience developing and testing applications on Windows and Linux systems for 32-bit and 64-bit systems
- Performing C/C++, Python, x64 assembly, and kernel development
- Apply understanding of technical issues surrounding the designing, building and testing of software development kits supporting Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android platforms and frameworks
- Apply coding experience on Intel or AMD platforms
- Apply understanding of cryptographic protocols and compression technologies and their implementation in C/C++
- Understanding of computer, network exploitation techniques and methodologies to include application and mitigation techniques
- Understanding of public exploits and awareness of new/unpublished techniques
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI level with Poly security clearance for consideration. US Citizenship is required.
- BS degree or experience in lieu of degree
- Performing C/C++ programming
- Operating System and Kernel level development experience
- Vulnerability research or software reverse engineering skills
External Referral Bonus:
- Top Secret, SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Understanding of operating system internals for Windows, iOS, Linux, and/or Android, such as process synchronization techniques (i.e., semaphores, messages, threading), process scheduling, resource and device access
- Mobile development experience
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Cyber Security Research and Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.