The Pew Charitable Trusts uses data to make a difference. For more than 70 years, we have focused on serving the public, invigorating civic life, conducting nonpartisan research, advancing effective public policies and practices, and achieving tangible results. Through rigorous inquiry and knowledge sharing, we inform and engage public-spirited citizens and organizations, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause. We are a dedicated team of researchers, communicators, advocates, subject matter experts, and professionals working on today's big challenges - and we know we are more effective and creative collectively than we are individually. With Philadelphia as our home town and the majority of our staff located in Washington, DC, our U.S. and international staff find working at Pew personally and professionally rewarding.
Wise stewardship of resources allows Pew employees to pursue work that strategically furthers our philanthropic mission in significant and measurable ways. We collaborate with a diverse range of philanthropic partners, public and private organizations, and concerned citizens who share our interest in fact-based solutions and goal-driven investments to improve society. Pew attracts top talent, people of integrity who are service-oriented and willing to take on challenging assignments. We provide competitive pay and benefits, a healthy work-life balance, and a respectful and inclusive workplace. Pew employees are proud of their colleagues, proud of where they work, and proud of the institution's reputation.
Overview of Information Technology
Information Technology (IT) at Pew takes a proactive approach toward the use of technology to increase the organization's capacity for exceptionally high-quality strategic philanthropy. Executive staff at Pew recognizes the importance of technology, and supports related initiatives to advance the institution's goals and achieve and maintain a leadership position in the philanthropic community. As a result, IT is in a mode of continuous improvement, applying leading-edge technology to the pursuit of the goals of the institution.
The department comprises highly competent, forward-thinking professionals who are responsible for the technology needs of all Pew staff, as well as for Pew's subsidiaries in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. IT is organized into distinct areas of responsibility, including strategic alignment of technology with the business, the evaluation and acquisition of software and hardware, implementation new systems and data repositories, and providing support for the extended network, desktop computer hardware, and software applications.
The Officer, Systems Engineering is the senior technical expert responsible for leading the design and operation of Pew's data centers, and hosted infrastructure, including server and storage technologies. The position is part of the Infrastructure Operations group which manages all on-premises, hosted or cloud infrastructure. The Officer position requires expert knowledge in specialized technologies, such as data center operation, storage, VMware, Windows Server, single sign-on and authentication and authorization, DR and replication; and infrastructure security technologies. Ultimately, this position contributes to the larger responsibility of the Infrastructure Operations unit to ensure the alignment of Pew's technology strategy and priorities with the goals and objectives of the organization.
The Officer, Systems Engineering has no direct management responsibility, but is expected to contribute to the mentoring and professional development of junior staff within the unit. He or she will manage multiple complex projects with data center and infrastructure components and work across divisions and with outside entities such as contracted firms. The Officer reports to the Manager, Infrastructure Operations.
* Architect, implement and manage Pew's server and storage infrastructure and datacenters.
* Design and manage a fully virtualized environment of Windows servers in a multi-datacenter configuration.
* Design and implement automated management and monitoring of the infrastructure and services Pew uses. Provide metrics and performance reports with respect to each service.
* Perform in-depth analysis of system performance and planning and summarize the results for varying audiences, from Pew and outside technical partners through to senior-level management.
* Serve as a technical expert and one of the highest levels of escalation for infrastructure and security issues.
* Implement and maintain server infrastructure security and authentication and authorization and single-sign-on systems.
* Respond to audits and support periodic penetration tests.
* Perform planning, risk assessment, and documentation following procedures, best practices, and ensuring systems availability.
* Maintain systems by managing product and capabilities roadmaps; establishing and following maintenance procedures; and working with vendors and other staff to perform regular maintenance.
* Manage configurations and the deployment of Pew's server infrastructure in compliance with established business practices.
* Design, lead and document disaster recovery (DR) planning and testing.
* Provide mentoring, guidance and education to junior staff. Provide feedback on junior staff, and work with the manager to ensure their appropriate professional development.
* Manage outside expert-level infrastructure contracting firms to complete complex projects.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* A minimum of eight years of relevant and specialized systems engineering experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and technical expertise in a corporate enterprise environment and solving problems as the highest level of escalation for systems and systems security issues.
* Demonstrated senior level experience implementing, supporting, and maintaining 24x7 infrastructure services.
* In-depth experience performing capacity planning and configuration assessments for server hardware, storage area networking, systems, DR and replication processes, and supporting infrastructure.
* Expert level experience with on premise infrastructure, specifically Microsoft technologies (Replication, Trusts, GPOs, etc.), VMware, storage, Citrix, network ports and protocols, and DNS.
* Significant experience with cloud applications such as Office 365, Salesforce, Workday, etc. and of platform as a service such as Azure.
* Expert level knowledge of directory services and in-depth experience with single-sign on solutions.
* Evidence of previous work on multiple large scale projects in a fast paced environment.
* Manage configurations and the deployment of systems in compliance with established business practices.
* Experience in devising technical solutions that will enhance performance, increase redundancy, and add flexibility to the existing infrastructure.
* Background in system and network availability and monitoring of services.
* Background in integrating cloud services with on-premise infrastructure.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with polished presentation.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to present information in compelling and persuasive manner.
* Ability to address severe issues off-hours and work on the planned maintenance windows.
* Microsoft, VMware, or security certifications preferred.
* Experience with single sign on systems preferred.
Occasional travel required between Pew's offices. Minimal additional travel required to attend trainings, seminars or conferences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.