For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com . Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home dcor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com , BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com , LastCall.com , and CUSP.com . Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates works towards the goal of enabling our customer to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands
We're looking for a talented technologist to own the overall technical architecture leadership of our Omni-Channel solutions. The Omni-Channel Solutions Architect is a key member of the Omni-Channel Experience and Engineering team and is responsible for the overall design of solutions and aligning customer/business requirements to systems/technical requirements using best practices, design patterns and existing assets.
As a Omni-Channel Solutions Architect you are responsible for the design and architecture guidance across all channels Online, Mobile, Stores and other engagement platforms and API interfaces. Other duties include: Developing Macro architectures (conceptual view), Technology Blueprints (3-5 year view), leading architecture forums, publishing technology strategies and presenting to technology leaders and business executives, providing thought leadership around technical solutions, and collaborating with other technologists on creating cross-domain solutions.
This role entails hands-on experience in cloud architectures (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) and requires deep interest and experience in broad software platforms (information architecture, information flow, appropriate modularization and loose coupling). This role will have direct impact on the direction of the company, our customers and the industry.
- Ability to drive strategy through influence with leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect
- Ability to innovate and lead explorations into new technologies and strategies
- Ability to architect the future state and the path to get there, accounting for near-term product deliverables
- Should have very strong understanding of Omni-Channel experience and Omni-Channel commerce domains.
- Ability to develop community of practices to facilitate discussions with technical team on platform-wide considerations, driving improvement and efficiencies, and providing leadership
- Ability to effectively coordinate software development resources in support of the overall Technology Product Master Plan
- Ability to establish and adhere to software engineering best practices, standards and tools
- Ability to effectively collaborate with leadership and teams within technology, product management, business units, brands and across external alliance partners
- Skilled ability to foster continuous improvement and innovation; ability to accept and lead change initiatives throughout the organization
- Must be able to build POCs using Spring boot, nodeJS, ReactJS, AWS Lambda, Docker and other cloud native tools and frameworks.
ESSENTIAL ABILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 15+ years experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems
- Experience in developing the architecture of large-scale web/mobile and POS/store systems & applications (e.g. leveraging CDNs, security at scale, and optimizing for large user-base)
- Experience in cloud migration and developing platform solutions to support microservices based application
- Deep knowledge of API (REST), API Management and building scalable and high performance Web APIs
- Deep understanding of Database, Middleware, Security, Performance tuning of web domains
- Design and implement availability, scalability, and performance plans for the AWS managed service environment
- Implement process and quality improvements through task automation. Institute infrastructure as code, security automation or routine maintenance tasks
- Passion for security and a strong understanding of threats, vulnerabilities and compliance standards
- Cloud Native Architectures, IAAS, PAAS (e.g. Cloud foundry, ECS)
- Extensive experience with AWS services (AWS Cloud Formation, S3, VPC, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of data migration (to public cloud) practices and technologies.
- Experience with Amazon EC2 container Service and EKS.
- Must have hands-on experience in Spring boot, NodeJS, ReactJS and ElasticSearch (or Lucene search engine)
- Technical and business knowledge of enterprise data centers and cloud infrastructure operations.
- Strong Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL data stores, storage and distributed persistence technologies
- Design, implement and maintain all AWS infrastructure and services within a managed service environment