Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Onsite Systems Engineer -Southern California, (LA, Irvine)
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for an Onsite Systems Engineer to join our team in Southern California, (LA, Irvine). This role is Remote based.
This is a full-time pre/post-sales On-Site Systems Engineering (OSE) position. This individual, will work under general direction, and introduce, demonstrate, and familiarize customers with Dell solutions onsite with the customers, as well as assisting them providing knowledge transfer, industry best practices and resolving issues. Ideal candidate will be based in Southern California, (LA, Irvine) area
The OSE is chartered to add value, develop and maintain direct close working relationships with customers& technical/IS staff and decision-makers. It requires the ability to assess and understand a customers environment, in order to provide information that is relevant to help customers identify effective solutions, assist with purchasing decisions consistent with their needs, and drive solutions to completion. Over time, the OSE will become the trusted advisor
- Certify Customer Image & HW for Approved vendor List
- Support and manage Customers Dell Inc. Product Life-Cycle Transitions
- Share change management best practices (Bios, hardware, etc.)
- Deliver product roadmaps and emerging technology updates
- Assist customer through product and solution escalations, also products, solutions and systemic issues
- Informal Knowledge Transfer with customers
- Assist customer with planning and design on Dell products and solutions
- Assist with customer evaluation setup and testing
- Educate customers on Dells Products, Services, and Solutions with deep dive demonstrations
- Share Dell/IT Data Center best practices
- Hands on knowledge of Dell enterprise offerings, including rack and blade servers, network gear, tiered storage, backup, virtualization, general I/T operations, services, and systems management.
- Experience in managing or working in a large/complex environment, along with data center infrastructure, clustering
- Experience with a minimum of 2 (VMWare, HyperV, ESXi, Linux (RHEL or SUSE), Windows)
- Experience with imaging, systems management, hardware performance, scripting BIOS/FW rollouts, hardware error monitoring and deployment.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, and a sales orientation are musts.
- Fluency in English required
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past of present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us! For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers