***We are unable to sponsor for this permanent full-time role***
***Position is bonus eligible***
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking an OpenShift Container Platform Engineer. Candidate builds and is responsible for the primary platform services needed to meet the full lifecycle of container platforms and ease consumption of those Platform services. Candidate will be working as a member of this small, agile team of highly skilled Architects and engineers.
- Design, implement and operate container services platform with a focus on integrating these platforms with other tools using good Continuous Integration (CI) and continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines.
- Uses automation to make your job more efficient. You have an obsessive need to automate. You are offended when you have to do anything manually more than once.
- Is meticulous and cautious. You identify and consider all risks, and balance those with performing the task efficiently.
- Analyze, diagnose, replicate, solve and resolve technical issues reported by customer using the PaaS and CaaS platforms.
- Write maintainable reusable software and always think self-served from consumer perspective.
- Advance unresolved issues that require more in-depth knowledge in a timely manner
- Take ownership, handle and maintain status on support requests from the business unit customers
- Report and submit product defects and work with other engineering groups to triage customer/business unit issues
- Build and peer review knowledgebase articles and product documentation
- Demonstrated competency in a programming/scripting Language, with a strong preference for Go experience and Python.
- Experience designing and implementing Infrastructure as code API s using interface definition tools like Swagger
- Strong understanding of Virtual computing environments and concepts such as Hypervisors and load balancing concepts.
- Demonstrated understanding of, And preferably hands-on experience, with Identity management, Access Management, Certificate management.
- Experience designing and implementing containerized infrastructure logging and observability tools such as Splunk, Fluentd/Fluentbit, PrometheGrafana/Alert manager Suite, Wavefront, APPD.
- Experience with .net core and .net framework
- Experience with Open policy Agents or other policy engines
- Bachelors degree or high school diploma/GED
- Minimum of 1year hands on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes on at least one public/private IAAS provider (Azure, Amazon, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba or VMWARE)
- Minimum of 2 years experience building and Maintaining Container Platforms such as PAS/TAS (Pivotal Application Service also known as Tanzu application service) PKS/TKGI (Pivotal Kubernetes Service also known as Tanzu Kubernetes Grid integrated)
- Minimum of 5 years of Infrastructure background (sys admin)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in operations and/or Systems Administration experience, particularly on UNIX/Linux and Windows.
- Strong networking fundamentals. You understand TCP/IP, subnetting and the difference between socket and connect timeouts, routing & DNS
- Knowledge of distributed systems (Windows and Linux) and virtualization software (VMware)
- Able and willing to work on call will be required from time to time
- Automation/Continuous Integration (concourse, Salt, Fabric, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, etc.)
- Background in DevOps
- Awareness and knowledge of Concurrent Versioning Software (Git, GitHub, Gitlab)
- NSX, NSX-T, Panorama experience a plus
- Experience in Virtualization is a plus