Job Title: OpenShift admin
Location: Dallas, TX - Remote (during Pandemic situation).
Duration: 6+ Months
Note: Experience around OCP environment and achievements
The candidate right for this role, OpenShift will be accountable for engineering, support, automation and thought leadership as it relates to Client's Platform-as-a-Service offerings. They will assist with application migrations to Client's Platform-as-a-Service offerings, and other related activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years' experience working with RedHat OpenShift Infrastructure design, deployment and operational support.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures
- 2+ years' experience working with RedHat Enterprise Linux operating system
- Experience with Java, JBoss, nginx, Node.js, and enterprise application architectures
- Specific knowledge and experience with migrating and refactoring applications to containerized workloads
- Demonstrated skill in at least one or more configuration management/scripting technology (such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet/Python)
- Specific knowledge and experience provisioning multi-node HA clusters – including monitoring, performance testing, and application deployment
- Experienced with automated deployment tools
- Deep conceptual and applied understanding of DevOps concepts, tools, and practices
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, or comparable substitutes
- Must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment where multiple projects will require participation at a given time.
- Must have outstanding skills in communicating complex technical issues, and providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products.
- Working knowledge of networking topics such as protocols, firewalls, load balancer, etc.
- Must have the willingness to document, share knowledge and train other members of the team.
- Experience with VMware technologies such as vCenter, vRA and vRO and experience running OpenShift on bare metal
- Working knowledge of SSL certificate management
- Experience with Agile teams, tools, practices & ceremonies (kanban, stand-ups, sprints, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of relevant industry leading standards and emerging technologies
- Container and Pod level Monitoring and Logging: Dynatrace, QRadar
- Experience working with IBM Cloud and/or AWS.
Our team is fast paced, fun, highly energetic, motivated and hardworking. We expect our candidates to be integrated into our results-driven and solution-oriented culture from the get-go. Our team attains high-quality results on challenging projects; the belief that outcomes are linked to one's effort rather than chance and the tendency to personally set challenging yet realistic goals