Title: OpenStack Solution Designer
Amick Brown is seeking an OpenStack Solution Designer who will design, document, and present lab oriented solutions from provided architecture requirements in a timely fashion. You will work within a team of subject matter experts on cloud-related technologies, focusing on planning and capacity. You will also provide Tier 4 support to existing operations teams.
Location: San Ramon, CA
Duration: Long Term
- Experience in the OpenStack platform and its associated modules
- Strong Linux background, specifically in Ubuntu and Redhat. Capable of administrative tasks and complex troubleshooting
- Play a significant role in a DevOps environment.
- Strong experience with virtualization technologies, primarily KVM and VMWare
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, and Chef
- Extensive scripting experience, ideally with Python and Shell. Experience scripting against RESTful APIs a plus
- Experience with container-based technologies such as LxC and Docker
- Experience with enterprise storage from vendors including HP, EMC, Netapp, and Dell. Additional experience with AFA deployments a plus.
- Experience with Ceph a plus
- SDN-related experience a plus, including technologies like SR-IOV, DPDK, Contrail, Opendaylight, and Netconf
- Working knowledge of Public Key Infrastructures and of certificate deployment/troubleshooting
- Significant experience with common server hardware from vendors such as HP, Dell, and IBM
- This position can potentially evolve into a full-time hire by our telecommunication client.
Education: MS in Computer Science or related field (BS in related field with equivalent work experience is acceptable)
**U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.**
Amick Brown, LLC is an Information Technology consulting company providing IT Staffing and managed solutions. Amick Brown is a woman-owned, SBA certified 8(a) Small Business, founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, CA with an additional office in Sacramento, CA. Amick Brown’s experienced IT professionals support customers nationwide in the commercial and public sectors. Amick Brown is an SAP Services Silver Partner and is IS0 9001-2015.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance