We are looking for a talented OS Architecture Engineer. In this role, you will apply advanced
subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and you will be regarded as a subject matter expert (SME). We will turn to you to frequently contribute to the development of fresh new ideas and methods! You will enjoy collaborating and working on complex problems, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. We'll look to your expertise to help lead and/or provide expertise to functional project teams, and you may participate in cross-functional initiatives. You will act as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. We'll also turn to you to frequently represent the organization to external customers/clients, so client-facing experience will be an asset. You will exercise significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. You may provide mentoring and guidance to less experienced employees. Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Leads multiple project teams of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- This role will have client/partner facing components with monthly travel to Redmond, WA anticipated.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and language, inclduing very strong C++ experience.
- Experience with a rich variety of technical tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.