Summary: Long-term, W2 plus PTO, benefits, OT engagement for CapEx Project Manager / Operations Startup Leader, experienced in manufacturing. Position will be based out of St. Louis and will require travel to a plant location (likely to be Dunkirk, NY).
Main Purpose of Job:
- Support the End to End (E2E) Manager and PM to plan and lead CapEx projects and coordinate contribution of all stakeholders (cross-functional and multidisciplinary teams) from project charter until vertical start-up and agreed sustained performance is established.
Before starting the project design phase:
- Contribute to define the project scope, success criteria, and milestone deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with Product experts, factory and market stakeholders.
- Ensure local site operational constraints are identified and addressed as part of the project charter. Engage factory team in develop synergies between the project and the factory journey.
During project design phase:
- Execute the basic and detailed design of the project based on Corporate Business Principles, standards, local regulations, the defined User Requirements Specifications and the TPM characteristics of a unit operation (safety, quality, affordability, maintainability, operability and reliability).
- Ensure by design the workers and operators’ safety during both the construction and the ongoing operation of the plant.
- Support the design team to accomplish the basic and detailed design, while mobilizing all the required resources and liaising with stakeholders.
- Lead Current Operations Assessment and Change Impact Assessment activity to revise potential barriers that could place the project on risk.
- Lead the Development of an Operation Start-up Plan to coordinate the operational preparation (People, Materials, Methods), including a ramp up curve aligned to the business requirements to ensure a Vertical Start-up can be achieved.
During the start-up phase of the project:
- Lead the assigned area of the factory and coordinate the contribution of all stakeholders and functional support groups to ensure a vertical start-up meeting manufacturing excellence criteria and required production volumes.
- Complete a smooth handover to factory operations after the qualification and verification of the installation.
- Support the preparation and distribution of the project documentation, including the Manufacturing Dossier and TPM readiness assessment for the lines.
- Ensure that the investment project charter and success criteria have been fulfilled and that the project scope is achieved within the agreed cost and timing.
- Manage the allocation of all operational preparation and start-up expenditure.
During the whole project life:
- Be the Manufacturing project leader of a specific assigned area of the factory, meaning integrating all operational tasks, motivating and influencing the workforce, coaching, developing, managing and evaluating team members and being their support and liaison with the steering committee and all the project's stakeholders.
- Keep the Startup Lead and End to End Project Manager informed.
- Keep all the required communication channels open.
Technical/Specific Skills Needed
- Standard software (Microsoft Office Tools – Excel, Power Point, Word, MS Project, Visio).
- OSL’s follow the Idea to Launch (I2L) process, standards, and methodologies and practices outlined within the Innovation and Investment Pillar (I&I).