Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking OperationsAnalysis Systems Engineer4to perform modeling and simulation across multiple programs at our Redondo Beach, CA (Space Park) location. The analyst will serve as a liaison between the Systems Analysis and Simulation (SAS) organization within Global Strategy and Mission Solutions (GSMS) and the Systems Engineering directorate, and their contribution will support the development of Aerospace Systems strategy across the portfolio. Tasks will include constructive modeling, simulation, and analysis of classified technologies, platforms, and architectures. The successful candidate will lead teams to complete complex system of systems analyses including CONOPs and tactics. The successful candidate will derive capability and performance requirements at the system and architecture level. The analyst will need strong analytical and MATLAB experience.
Constructive analysis tasks include supporting military requirements analysis, CONOPS and scenario development, algorithm development, design of experiment development, requirements development, threat system analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance/effectiveness analysis, force level effectiveness analysis, and military utility assessments. Candidate must be able to understand cost and schedule constraints and appropriately scale simulation fidelity to meet experiment needs and timelines. Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills and must be able to create top level briefings using MS PowerPoint to support management and customer presentations on simulation experiment results.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with a MINIMUM of9 years (7 years with a Masters,4 years with a PhD) of systems integration experience
- Must have a strong analytical background including Monte Carlo analysis and statistical regression.
- Must have MATLAB fluency, including data visualization, scripting, and functional programming.
- Must have an ability to read C++ code.
- Must have knowledge of radar fundamentals.
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret or DoD Secret with SCI access.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- Working knowledge in various aspects of advanced air and space assets (air vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications) and associated technologies
-Ability to work both independent and in a team in a fast-paced environment, and brief technical approach and status to senior management
-Familiarity with Linux and/or Unix-based development.
- Knowledge of domain specific radar principles, including signal processing, target acquisition, target tracking, resource management, discrimination, and battle manager interfaces.
- Software development experience using C++ or another Object-Oriented language.
- Experience leading projects through the system engineering lifecycle, including SRR, PDR, CDR, and TRR.
- Familiarity with USAF modeling and simulation tools (AFSIM, Suppressor, ESAMS, BRAWLER, etc)
- Modeling and simulation experience to include distributed simulations
- Current full DoD TOP SECRET clearance w/ SCI.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.