VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly-qualified Operations Assistant to support the US House of Representatives in Washington, DC.
Looking for an ambitious recent graduate to fill an administrative assistant role on our operations team. This position presents an opportunity to work directly with the government customer, and offers great potential for growth.
* Location: Southwest Washington, D.C. (accessible from the Blue, Orange, and Silver Metro-Rail Stations).
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Available: Within two weeks of offer
* Working Shift: The candidate will be working a standard shift, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, between the hours of 8am - 5pm, specific work hours to be determined upon hire.
* Monitor all office administrative functions and transactions; track status of projects, program operations, and other requests
* Perform data input, data collection, and research; retrieve information or documents from databases and the Internet; maintain and update databases or spreadsheets; prepare and track various statistics and reports
* Support tracking of financial and Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable data, including purchasing and invoices
* Research trends as it relates to government mission (social media, election tracking, etc.)
* Maintain an efficient office environment, to include ordering supplies and arranging for repair of office equipment; assist in the oversight and accounting of inventory
* Support the Program Manager & direct reports in monitoring team productivity and customer satisfaction
* Ability to pass background check to receive a Public Trust
* Ability to work well independently, but function within a team environment.
* College graduate with a BS degree
* Strong familiarity with MS Office Skills, especially MS Excel and Outlook
* Experience with updating/maintaining an online database
* Demonstrated customer service skills, preferably with experience communicating with customer regarding billing (AP or AR)
* Excellent organizational skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Proactive and attentive to detail
* Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
* Previous experience working in U.S. government offices
* Previous experience writing and maintaining office process documentation
* Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, Cognos, etc.)
* Prior experience with QuickBooks, SalesForce, or similar software
* Demonstrated leadership & citizenship through auxiliary interests (volunteer opportunities, membership in philanthropic societies, etc.)
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.