If you are passionate about databases, join a dynamic community of database administrators! You will be an important member of a team that manages one of the largest databases in the world. We are hiring for an Jr. Enterprise Database Administrator to maintain and support databases to provide structurally sound and secure data throughout solutions. You will perform database tuning, performance monitoring, and capacity management. In addition to, triage and troubleshoot database alerts and issues, identify root cause, and implement corrective action. Our DBA's also monitor and maintain database replication, maintain database backups, and apply database software updates and stand-alone hotfixes to client environments.Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Electronics, Computer Software, Operational Research, Computer System Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent relevant work experience
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- 2+ years of database administration
- 3+ years of both SQL and Oracle support
- Willing to work on call shifts as needed
- This role will likely have less than 5% travel
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Virtual Eligible Job
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.EEO is the Law (English)E-Verify Participation (English)Right to Work (English)EEO is the Law (Spanish)E-Verify Participation (Spanish)Right to Work (Spanish)