This is a multi-disciplinary role that requires someone who is a systems thinker, has knowledge of scripting/SQL/reporting tools and has the ability to effectively communicate with various Nexidia technical teams and customers in the course of performing data analysis, solving problems and creating new reporting tools.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement monitoring tools and dashboards for various services and operations for the platform following the enterprise monitoring strategy and tools
- Provides technical direction and recommendations to improve monitoring and alerting procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Help foster innovation in tools and processes to make the team more effective and efficient.
- Maintain an update documentation of the customer environment architecture
- Proactively solve repetitive issues to reduce the number of alerts
- Perform operational tasks, such as environment on-boarding, new server additions, new metrics implantations.
- Design report layout and determine best way to offer data to end users.
- Design, code and test customized scripts
- Use and enforce the change control process
- Understands and adheres to Nexidia compliance standards as they appear in the Employee handbook, Corporate Compliance Policies, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Familiarity with systems and networks for the purpose of analyzing the flow of files and data across diverse systems - leaky pipe analysis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to create reports for both internal and customer consumption using tools like SQL Server Report.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting platforms
- Desire to gain a strong understanding of Nexidia's application product architectures and database schemas.
- Analyze database performance metrics, related to specific customer use cases for processing data.
- Ability to predict systems behavior based on controlled tests.
- Ability to simulate various processing and workflow scenarios to predict performance of particular scenario in production.
- An inquisitive mind with strong analytical, creative and problem solving skills
- Strong SQL Server skills, writing queries
- Strong scripting knowledge to automate processes that are collecting information (e.g. Windows batch files, PowerShell, Python, visual basic script)
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 8 years of experience within the Technology Industry
Sponsorhip currently not offered
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.