Operations Engineer 3
Primary Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
V-Soft Consulting is currently seeking an Operations Engineer 3 for our premier client in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This is a contract position in telecommunication industry.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Education and Experience »
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of Operations experience in a 24x7 Environment.
- Experience defining, implementing, and monitoring IT services is a plus.
- Exposure and familiarity with new product integration a plus.
- Experience building and replacing system hardware.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities »
- Strong understanding of the following technologies:
- Unix/Linux Environments
- Scripting and automation (bash, python, etc)
- Proven experience and skill with network troubleshooting and configuration.
- Proven experience and skill with server hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Cloud infrastructure experience a plus.
- Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible and Git experience is a plus.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Platform Stand up - Software installation
- Change implementation - system upgrades, RMA, automation (scripting)
- Problem Management - Identify service impacting trends and work with the development teams to implement long term solutions.
- Incident Mitigation - On call rotation to mitigate incident.
- Work is performed in a 24/7 operatoins environment. Must be available to work weekends and holidays on an on call bassis.
- Work closely with Development, Deployment, Incident, Problem, Quality, Program, Product and Management teams.
- Ability to work and derive creative and practical solutions to complex problems in independent work environment.
- Partner with Division and Regional Engineering teams for Product reliability improvements.
- Implement market leading process and operational strategies.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
V-Soft Consulting is a trusted partner with experience across diverse technology stacks to help business get IT done. What makes V-Soft different? Our expertise is derived from over 20 years of delivering world-class IT staffing, consulting, engineering and managed services to Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies in the U.S., Canada, and Asia.
V-Soft is headquartered in Louisville, KY with strategic locations in India, Canada, and across the U.S., including Madison, Chicago, Denver, Harrisburg and Atlanta. V-Soft has been recognized among the top 100 fastest growing staffing companies in North America and is known for the ability to provide highly qualified consultants for any project at any scale. V-Soft has a wide variety of partnerships across diverse technology stacks, and holds such titles as MuleSoft Certified Delivery Resource, Oracle Gold Partner, ServiceNow Partner, Microsoft Partner, and Cisco Registered Partner, amongst many others.
Like what you hear? Apply with V-Soft today!
For more information or to view all our open jobs, please visit www.vsoftconsulting.com or call (844) 425-8425.