Operations Project Leader, Rocket Motor
Location: Mojave, CA
Salary: DOE and potential for annual bonus
Type : Full time
Division: Rocket Motors and Propulsion Systems
As the Operations Project Leader for Rocket Motor and Propulsion Systems Production Operations you will lead the integrated project team responsible for planning, developing, and executing both current Production Operations and the development of our next generation Rocket Motor Factory. You will be responsible for developing and meeting requirements as well as developing and executing a program plan within the approved cost, schedule, and budget. This includes accountability for activities across the program lifecycle including, development, design, analysis, test, and production of our hybrid rocket motor in a new state of the art factory.
- Lead the Integrated Project Team responsible for the design, development, and activation of our next generation Rocket Motor Factory
- Develop and maintain a detailed program plan or Integrated Master Schedule for the factory development accounting for the scope of work across all functions aligned to the established Work Breakdown Structure.
- Execute the approved program plan with accountability for cost, scope, and schedule against the approved program baseline and provide program updates as required by executive team.
- Proactively maintain and track program risks and opportunities and provide mitigation plans as needed
- To establish and execute the supply chain strategy supporting our future rocket motor production rates
- Leveraging your experience in previous manufacturing environments to help the team effectively employ design for manufacturability/assembly and design to cost couple with lean manufacturing processes/concepts to ensure that the next generation factory creates an effective environment for all who will utilize it.
- Regularly report to executive leadership, internal and external customers, and the wider organization the team's performance in the areas of quality, scope, cost, and schedule.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline with a preference toward aerospace, mechanical, or manufacturing from an accredited Institution
- 8 years' experience working in and developing successful manufacturing/production environments
- Experience providing program leadership for a multidisciplinary/functional team demonstrating a track record of success.
- Demonstrated success managing aerospace programs and projects ideally with a focus in manufacturing or production operations.
- Experience program execution including monitoring and control through program measures, such as but not limited to budget fidelity, resource fill rate, CPI/SPI (Earned Value), and product cost measures
- Experience successfully supporting negotiations with suppliers to achieve desired product cost targets
- Conducting trade studies to develop business cases resulting in recommendations to support investment decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex, and rapidly evolving production environment with multiple priorities in production setting
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Self-directed with demonstrated passion for our mission.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Project
- 10+ years relevant experience working in and developing successful manufacturing/production environments
- Experience with Oracle and the deployment of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP), or other similar ERP system
- Experience with business case development and strategic planning
Operations Project Leader, Rocket Motor: Physical and/or Additional Requirements
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods 9 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Physically able to handle items weighing up to 40lbs (unassisted).
Operations Project Leader, Rocket Motor: ITAR Requirements
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant , lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.