I. JOB SUMMARY –
Manages all activities of drivers and dock workers in End of Line facilities. Utilizes available resources to move freight in the safest and most cost effective manner to meet or exceed customer expectations and to achieve company goals.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
1. Develop daily delivery plan utilizing equipment, manpower and other resources to ensure an effective, efficient operation.
2. Supervises all activities of drivers and dockworkers responsible for efficient loading/unloading of trailers along with productive pick-up and delivery of freight at customer locations.
3. Manage work assignments, monitor performance and provide training on job duties, company policies and procedures.
4. Communicates company safety program and enforces safety rules and compliance with all government regulations.
5. Ensure proper work methods are utilized at all times.
6. Utilize independent judgment and effectively recommend personnel actions in accordance with company policy, procedures and contractual language. Provide appropriate coaching and documentation of actions.
7. Completes necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure an efficient and steady flow of information.
8. Extensive knowledge and effective use of the local union contract
III. REQUIREMENTS –
1. High School or equivalent.
2. Proven effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
3. Proven effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Demonstrated leadership and effective supervision of others.
5. This is a 24/7 operations. Must be flexible and willing to work any schedule.
IV. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS –
1. Bachelor’s degree in transportation or related area
2. Knowledge of company policy, procedures and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
3. Familiarity with mainframe computers and/or PC applications.
Comments (i.e. work schedule):
P&D Dispatcher(days) – Mon – Fri 0700 - 1700
P&D Dispatcher(days) – Mon- Fri 0800 – 1800
P&D Dispatcher(nights) – Monday to Sat – 1700 – 0300(Saturday has the potential of getting off at 0600, based on business)
IB Planner(Nights) Sun – Thur 2000 – 0600
IB Supervisor(nights) Sun – THUR 0001 – 1000
OB Supervisor(Swing Shift) Mon- Fri 1530 – 0130
OB Supervisor(Swing Shift) Mon-Fri 11700 - 0300
Prior experience in a supervisor or management role in LTL industry - Experience in working in an Union Environment - Flexibility with work schedule: available to work day shift as well as night shift - It is an open air dock – the supervisor will spend the majority of the time on the dock. It will be hot/cold/wet/windy. There is a lot of walking and it is loud (forklifts, tractors/trailers)