Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career, and customer-oriented Technical Operations Lead to join our team in the Reston, VA area to provide unparalleled support to multiple federal agencies through the Continuous Diagnostics & Mitigation (CDM) Program. The CDM Program is a high-profile, high-visibility, cybersecurity modernization and risk management program where you can contribute innovative solutions and consult with many different federal agencies to enhance their Information Assurance (IA) programs and continuous monitoring capabilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing a project, or series of smaller projects or a definable piece of a larger program for successful completion and performance consistent with contractual agreements.
- Directs and supervises all support resources for the performance of project assignments and activities.
- Manages the technical direction of a project through the design, implementation, and testing in accordance with project objectives.
- Responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned projects and for supporting new business development by leading or assisting with proposals. Projects managed are typically of moderate technical complexity.
- Guides the daily work activity of technical team based on Operation and Maintenance (O&M) assigned tasks and activities.
- Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Develops mitigation and/or remediation recommendations for discovered issues within the production solution.
- Manages and administers applications, appliances, systems and data feeds to include installation, configuration, maintenance and patching.
- Manages and administers test environments, applications or tools, rules/signatures, access controls, and configurations of platforms.
- Identifies potential conflicts with implementation of any tools within the solution and develop recommendations to remediate these conflicts.
- Defines tasks and activities to support development and deployment of new solutions, provides reasonable estimates for levels of effort needed to accomplish tasks Assigns resources to support ITIL/ITSM service development and DHS Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC), working with project managers to accomplish program goals and objectives.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects and the restoration of production solutions.
- Contributes to the development of technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular application of ingenuity and creativity.
- Responsible for adhering to and enforcing compliance with the policies and procedures for the program and the Service Operations service area.
- Establishes operational processes and procedures in cooperation with other senior managers and related service area teams.
- Develops and documents best practices and standard operating procedures to resolve issues in the customer production environment.
- Administers tools and applications needed to fulfill the Service Operations mission, goals and objectives.
- Mentors junior-level technical employees.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 8-10 years experience in IT or information security, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience leading a small technical team, collaborate with peers, and negotiate effectively to level resources and accomplish tasks.
- Prior experience on an information security project using systems, such as those by ForeScout, McAfee, Tenable, Symantec, or IBM BigFix.
- Experience balancing the demands of multiple clients simultaneously in a matrixed management environment.
- Exceptional customer focus and bias for action.
- Candidates must have ability to concisely communicate technical concepts and provide reports orally and in writing.
- Familiarity with ticketing and bug tracking applications such as JIRA, ServiceNow, Remedy, or similar.
- Proficiency with MS Visio, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel Windows 2012 or more recent Server administration experience.
- Good working knowledge of Linux using both the graphical interface and command line.
Familiar with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL, Oracle, or similar.
- Familiar operating within a virtualized server and application environment, such as VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, AWS, or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and effectively prioritize multiple activities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Required: Operations Analyst will have an active certifications consistent with the DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications for Information Assurance Technical (IAT) role and level of experience, or will attain this within 90 days of date of hire
- Preferred Certifications: ITIL Foundations, MCSA, Linux+, RHCSA, LFCS, CompTIA Security +
- Familiarity with network infrastructure, network security, endpoint security, security operations, security incident detection and response, identity management, or insider threat solutions
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Must pass background investigation and be clearable to DHS EOD.
- Ability to obtain a TS SCI Clearance desired
- US Citizenship (no dual citizen)
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.