Job Number: R0083459
Operations Technical Support EngineerThe Challenge
Do you love finding ways to make systems more efficient? Do you find it impossible to simply maintain when you could improve? Engineering to make a system more resilient and efficient frees up time and money to build more capabilities. Whether you come from a background in network engineering, systems administration, or software development - if you have a passion for making systems better, we need you!
As a site reliability engineer on our team, you'll help the intelligence community develop more robust systems by building a resilient infrastructure. You'll build in redundancy, implement monitoring tools, and automate wherever possible. You'll reduce toil by scripting routine tasks and automating self-repair. Leverage expertise in the design, deployment, and maintenance of production-scale systems. Support services before and after they go live through activities, including system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews. Continuously measure, monitor, and maximize availability, efficiency, and performance of live services, applications, and systems. Perform in a dual-hatted role where you are the front line of defense for monitoring and troubleshooting tickets that come in from our end-users for our operational system. This is your chance to further your skills in cloud technologies while continuing to grow your engineering experience. Join us as we help to build next-generation cloud-first framework for the intelligence community.
Empower change with us.You Have:
Nice If You Have:
- 4 years of experience with systems engineering, DevOps, or Agile development
- Experience with troubleshooting Linux (RHEL), Unix, networking, scripting and automation, systems administration functions, and application troubleshooting
- Experience with creating or optimizing deployment or support processes for cloud-based environments on multiple security domains
- Experience with creating scripts in SQL and Python to automate tasks
- Top Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Ability to obtain Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification within 6 months of hire
- Experience in working with technologies, including Kubernetes, AWS, KeyCloak, or Docker
- Experience with talking directly to technical end-users
- Ability to apply a systematic problem-solving approach
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make progress in areas where high ambiguity and uncertainty exist
- Ability to work with engineering and development teams to perform root cause analysis
- Possession of excellent customer service, organizational, prioritization, multitasking, and leadership skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph preferred
- MA or MS degree a plus
- AWS SysOps Administrator Certification a plus
- Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required. Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change.