Solidus is searching for an Optical Engineer.
The successful candidate will join a specialized group working on the development of prototype optical systems for: Space domain awareness (imaging systems), Communication systems (free-space lasercom), Intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance systems (LADAR), Electro-optical technologies, Homeland protection, Air and missile defense (imaging spectrometers), and Earth science and astronomy (telescopes).
- Develop ground-based, air-borne and space-borne optical systems.
- Design, integrate, and test applied to the development of complex hardware from conceptual design through fabrication and performance evaluation.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Clearance
- MS in Engineering with a concentration in Optical Engineering or BS with 3-5 plus years related experience outside of education
- Experience with a range of optical systems: visible, IR, reflective, refractive, ground, space & aircraft systems and high energy laser systems
- Familiarity with Zemax and/or Code V
- Experience with interferometry and optical inspection methods.
3 years of experience with the following:
*Lab experience handling, cleaning, and inspecting optics
* Laser experience as test sources for optical alignment
* Optical Technology
* Optics - Hardware
* Optics - Systems
* Oversee Lab Procedures
2 years of experience with:
- Laser Characterization Equipment
- Laser Technologies/Development
- Fiber-Optic Subsystems
- Optics - Design
- Optics Specialist
- Opto Mechanical Technician
- Understanding of "Best Practices" with Fiber Systems
Req ID: 4125
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.