Our optical sensing team develops optical sensors for next generation products. The team is looking for someone who is a self-driven go-getter. Strong experience with optical instruments and data analysis is required.
• Strong background in optical measurements and data analysis.
• Experience in using Python or other coding languages for lab equipment control, data acquisition, and instrument automation.
• Hands-on experience with optical lab equipment (light sources, spectrometers, detectors, oscilloscopes, free space optics on optical bench, etc.);
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Solid teamwork and self-motivated for technical challenges
• Lead end-to-end lab validation to support new optical sensor development.
• Develop and implement validation plan for hardware/software designs
• Benchmark optical sensor performance from early prototype to product launch.
• Provide guidance and recommendation to production line testing requirements
• Analyze data to draw conclusions and provide feedbacks to product design
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Process Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions
• Deliver presentations of results in regular review with cross-functional teams
Degree in Optics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. B.S./M.S. and industry experience, or Ph.D.
Submit resume to
Duration: 6-12 Months
Location: Cupertino, CA
OSI Engineering is a leading talent acquisition and services company, building powerful IT and Engineering development teams to meet speed-to-market demands across the US. We develop, implement and manage workforce solutions through every stage of the product lifecycle, from early application development through final production, delivering the highest-level technology professionals. Our capabilities include technical staff augmentation, managed service programs and resource planning solutions.
With over 20 years of experience, OSI’s technical expertise spans the software stack from the firmware layer up to the user interface. We deliver dynamic and diverse teams for IT Services, Networking Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Big Data, Mobile Hardware and Applications, Internet of Things (IoT), Connected Car, Enterprise Information Security and Data Science. Our quality-focused approach to talent acquisition and services helps our clients successfully launch their concepts and products that change the world.