Optimization Analyst - Ecommerce Product Team
Enterprise digital client based in Chicago, IL
6 month contract to hire
The Product Analyst role will function as a key contributor in the Product organization and will be responsible for supporting multiple cross functional Agile teams through Product functions that span the spectrum from ideation-strategizing to execution-delivery and everything in between. This Analyst will be responsible for diving into various data sources, including web and app clickstream data and transaction-level raw data to uncover opportunities that will enhance the customer experience on the digital properties of Ahold Delhaize USA's brands - Stop & Shop, Food Lion, Giant Food, Giant/Martin's, and Hannaford. This Analyst will also be responsible for assisting in the creation and analysis of a/b tests and for measuring the impact and performance of new Product initiatives.
Reporting directly to a Product Leader and skip level to the VP/Head of Product, this role is ideal for someone with a mix of digital analytics and a/b testing skills and looking to grow and learn in the discipline, all while playing a vital role in the success of Ahold Delhaize USA's digital products.
(Describe, in order of importance, the primary duties and/or responsibilities to be performed, methods used, and why. Statement should include WHAT, HOW, and WHY)
- Synthesize data from our web analytics tools and data-lake into actionable insights about our audience and shopper behavior. Clearly communicate these recommendations to internal stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Determine the relevant data sources applicable to the business question and diligently verify the data quality and accuracy of the results.
- Partner with Product teams to determine project KPIs to collect and measure success and develop a testing plan to effectively measure new initiatives.
- Work with developers and technical analysts provide tracking requirements and QA tracking implementation.
- Create intuitive, interactive dashboards to enable the team and business with critical metrics, with a focus on data automation, anomaly detection, and baseline engagement areas.
- Champion the needs of the customer and PDL/AD USA business goals throughout the execution of a project.
- Must organize with independence, develop a strong understanding of our customers, manage multiple concurrent projects, and identify and lead data solutions.
- Partner with IT on tracking, testing & implementation plans.
- Proactively identify data issues and work with internal partners to understand options and execute solutions.
- Develop metrics to measure success of program features, analyze results, and partner across the organization to develop action plans and enhancement recommendations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Direct experience in a digital environment in a relevant capacity
- 2+ years overall relevant experience
- 1+ years digital analytics experience
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Experience with agile development
- Data driven mindset and track record
(List the types of knowledge needed to perform the job (understanding of business theories or industry standards, specific software, etc.))
(List other skills or special attributes needed to perform the job)
- Digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics (preferred) or Adobe Analytics.
- Data visualization skills such as Google Data Studio (preferred), Power BI, or Tableau
- A/B testing tools and concepts such as Optimizely or Adobe Target
(List other abilities needed to perform the job)
- Can organize and analyze large, varied sets of data and distill into actionable insights
- Eagerness to learn and a thirst for discovery and answers
- Active listener with the ability to ask the right questions to understand the business problem and identity the analysis approach
- A team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for our team's mission
(Identify the minimum education required to perform the essential functions of this position. Include certifications and licenses when applicable.)
(Indicate the minimum years of applicable and relevant work experience that would be necessary to effectively perform in the position)
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- 1+ years of digital experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or