Permanent Job Opportunity in Portland, OR
- Design, create, and support Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS), Clients Enterprise, Electronic Fare (EFare), and other Oracle databases in a 24x7 high-availability environment.
- Design and administer high- availability database solutions using Oracle Real Application Clusters, Oracle Data Guard and RMAN. Perform administrative activities such as cloning, backup/restore, and patching.
- Develop database schemas in coordination with application programming staff.
- Ensure quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data and PCI compliance.
- Work with management to develop database strategies to support company needs.
- Consult with and advise users on access to various Oracle databases. Provide general technical leadership and planning as needed.
- Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements. Perform related duties as required.
- Serve as Database Administrator for clients Electronic Fare, Oracle EBS Applications environment and other Oracle systems. Patch and clone databases as required. Install and configure Oracle Applications modules and Applications Server modules.
- Implementing and maintaining Oracle E-Business Applications (12.1.3 and/or 12.2.x) 2)
- Supporting Oracle EBS middleware technology stack.
- Ensure maximum system availability using Oracle High-Availability tools and design including Oracle Real Application Clusters and Oracle Data Guard.
- Analyze database performance, reorganize database as needed, monitor current and projected database disk space usage, develop reliable and timely backup, export and upgrade procedures. Provide after hours support as needed.
- Supervise database design elements of the development of applications. Work closely with vendors and contracted staff to evaluate software upgrades for their effect on database integrity and performance.
- Enforce guidelines that result in an orderly development of the database. Define database structures. Develop and document standards for database administration and PCI DSS compliance.
- Create and maintain descriptors for data, users, and resources. Conduct database training. Provide database support for software applications developers. Provide resources to assist users in data retrieval techniques.
- Coordinate with other agency Database Administrators with regards to definition and use of enterprise data and databases. Monitor and restrict access to authorized users.
- Consult with systems developers on procedures related to the database. Assist application development teams as needed to guide database issues. Consult with system administration group on issues such as placement of data on volumes and performance standards.
- Establish and maintain procedures for review and control of all requests for additions and deletions to the central database.
- Oversee the development of data design elements in coordination with Information Technology planning. Assist in technical support of integrated database design.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- A minimum of six (6) years total credited experience.* Experience working with Oracle Applications Database systems and maintaining ERP and custom applications that reside on the database. Or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
The amount of credit a candidate receives for prior years of experience is based on the relevancy of that experience to the required or preferred prerequisites of the job description. Experience is prorated based on hours worked. LRHR assigns and validates the "credited experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Oracle Database Administration tools and techniques, including Real
- Applications Clusters, Data Guard, Linux and Unix server administration and scripting.
- Knowledge of Oracle Applications Database Administration utilities, patching procedures and cloning techniques.
- Knowledge of standard operating environments: Unix, Linux and Windows.
- Knowledge of business and operational systems.
- Knowledge of network and database technologies and protocols: ODBC, SQL*Net, JDBC, and TCP/IP.
- Skilled in all phases of the automated systems development life cycle, with emphasis on defining end user requirements and program design and development.
- Skilled in Relational Database technology theory, design, development using SQL or PL/SQL in an Oracle environment.
- Practical knowledge of structured program development techniques.
- Demonstrated ability with Risc or Intel-based microcomputer hardware and Agency Standard software products.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management and the general public, including those from culturally diverse backgrounds, the elderly, persons with disabilities and/or other vulnerable populations.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and accurately in writing and orally.