Oracle Cloud Supply Chain - Manager
Got your head in the cloud? With so much technology moving to the Cloud, our business requirements are taking us to new heights. By harnessing the power of Oracle ERP Cloud, you can streamline enterprise business processes with ERP Cloud's Financials, Procurement, or Portfolio Management. Do you have the ability to transform an organization through the latest social, mobile, and analytic technologies? We're looking for someone that can increases the effectiveness of decision making and drive innovation. If your head's in the cloud, find out where we can take you with Oracle Enterprise Solutions. Work you'll do
As a Diamond-level member of the Oracle Partner Network, Deloitte needs thought leaders like yourself to help pave the way for our clients and Oracle service line development. For our clients, our Oracle Cloud SCM Managers reduce cost and support innovation at the enterprise level by managing business requirements and leading the functional design, prototyping and process design stages of Oracle Cloud implementations. Responsibilities will include:
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Delivery: Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
Our Oracle Enterprise Solutions (OES) practice provides services from ERP and Cloud Strategy, through Business Transformation and Applications Implementation, to Operate and Cloud Release Management. We modernize our client's business and core environments to leverage technology innovations around Cloud, Digital, Mobility and Social Collaboration. We help our clients address digital transformation by designing modern applications and industry specific solutions to deliver outcomes that improve flexibility, scalability, and cost management. Oracle ERP products include Oracle Cloud SaaS, EBS, PeopleSoft, and JD Edwards.
Professionals can expect to deliver "heart of the business" projects and work closely with client leaders in finance, logistics, manufacturing, shop floor, scheduling, engineering and design, IT, project management as well as the C-suite including the CEO, CFO, CIO and COO. We assess current business processes and capabilities as part of digital transformation initiatives and support strategic priorities across clients' enterprises. Required:
- Functional professional with 5+ complex, full lifecycle Oracle Cloud Supply Chain Management - Order Management/ Distribution implementations and a senior team member, team lead or Project Manager on at least 3 full cycle implementations.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience implementing some combination of Oracle Supply Chain applications such as: Order-to-Cash (OTC), Procure-to-Pay (PTP), Record-to-Report (RTR), Inventory, Purchasing, Shipping, Global Order Promising (GOP), Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Advanced Pricing, iSupplier, iProcurement, Costing or Configurator.
- Demonstrated experience as a senior resource leading in the definition of systems strategy, gathering and documenting business requirements, leading fit-gap analysis, as-is and to- be business process designs, conference room pilots (CRPs) functional configuration, testing, client user training.
- Experience reporting to C-level client contacts, managing client teams, in addition to on- and off-site, and off-shore functional and technical teams.
- Must have experience collaborating with clients on business process enhancements.
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.
- Limited Immigration Sponsorship may be available
- A Bachelor's degree
- Senior lead experience on complex, international, multi-currency and multi-organization implementations
- 10+ years of consulting experience which includes: contributing to requests for proposals (RFP), client presentations, detailing scope of work (SOW)
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments within a structured implementation methodology
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Commitment to gaining exposure in multiple industries
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization