Job Title : Cyber Security Principal Consultant Engineer Strictly W2
Job Location : Chattanooga,TN
Duration – 6 months Contract on W2
Day to day responsibilities- We have a network segmentation project going. Looking for someone that is very knowledgeable with network segmentation. Looking for assistance with bucketing different zones based on shared services. Need some assistance with firewalls and firewalling each of the zones. Part of this project will be looking for someone with Palo Alto experience. Could be other types of firewall experience. Managing and working with network teams to configure best practices to configure these zones. Network IPS, Network WAF, next gen firewalls such as Palo Alto. -M-F 8-5. No chance for remote work. Must be on site. -Secondary skill sets would be network proxy's,VDOSS, and Cloud Security. -Top 3 skill sets: 1. Palo Alto 2. Network Segmentation 3. Network Security
Job Qualifications Education
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field or equivalent work experience is required. Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as an information security engineer or in related field required
• Able to encourage and promote cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility required.
• Analytical and problem solving skills; ability to develop creative solutions in a changing environment are required.
• Organizational skills are required with the ability to oversee multiple projects and priorities required.
• Must have demonstrated success in leading large projects or multiple concurrent medium to large projects required.
• Written and oral communication skills are required to communicate technical concepts in individual, group and large audience settings required
• Ability to Lead projects and produce run-book documentation, including procedures and job-aids required
• CISSP, CSSLP, GIAC-GWEB or similar certifications preferred
Duties & Responsibilities
• Core Security technology Implementation focused around Network Segmentation
• Consulting with project teams and employees regarding corporate leading practices
• Network security design and integration with core security technology
• Incident and problem resolution
• Capacity, Performance, Availability, and System management of core security technologies
• Process development/improvement
• Cybersecurity engineering subject matter expert in Network design and implementation with IPS, IDS, and WAF.
• Threat, vulnerability, and risk management
• Web services security configuration and integration
• Develop Security systems engineering and architecture methodologies and standards
• Operating system security configuration standards development
• MAR/SOC1/SOC2/PCI compliance activities
• System automation and connections through multiple applications/systems
• Other responsibilities as needed