Apex is looking for a 100% remote Oracle DBA to work for one of our clients.
EST hours Position Requirements:
Requires a good foundation of computer science theory and practice, strong analytical ability and oral and written communication skills typically acquired by completion of a Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience. Requires a minimum of 3 years experience in database systems (including SQL server, and Oracle) to include work on designing and implementing a major Oracle application system. Must be knowledgeable in SQL servers, and Oracle utilities and related database software. Proficiency in software tools and utilities to support monitoring, database migration, data description language management, and replication. Knowledge of SQL Access standard and DSS features. Knowledge of the systems development process and business processes supported. Special Position Remarks:
The position will focus on development and administration on oracle Server repositories, and contribute to the data conversion and migration projects. The position has the following technical/functional requirements:
- Strong advanced Oracle / SQL Server knowledge, including complex queries, stored procedures, triggers, SSIS, import and export, and user defined functions.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot, to resolve performance issues, and to correct issues in real time, including experience using Dynamic Management Views.
- Experience with logical and physical design of databases, includes understanding of indexes, statistics, etc.
- Familiarity with Informatica ETL tools
- A team player who works well with diverse group of functional areas.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at