We are looking for a Mid-Level Oracle/MySQL Database Administrator.
* Creates and supports databases and related applications in all phases of development life cycle. This will include Oracle/MySQL databases, R12 E-Business administration as well as other applications.
* Performs the capacity planning and server planning for the current and future business needs.
* Works closely with the development team and make recommendations with the development effort for existing programs and future designs.
* Works with our backup tools and backup strategies, supports the existing strategies and implements improvements.
* Restores and clones existing instances.
* Performs ongoing tuning of databases and makes necessary changes.
* Implements and enforces security for all our databases and applications including eCommerce applications.
* Controls migrations of programs, database changes and other applications related changes through the development life cycle.
* Evaluates new upgrades and tools and makes sound recommendations and put together proposals and execute them.
* Assists with impact analysis of changes made to programs, databases and infrastructure.
* Works as part of a team and provides 7x24 support when required.
* Works on other database and infrastructure related tasks as requested.
* At least 5 years of architectural expertise in an enterprise level implementation of Oracle based applications.
* At least 5 years of experience in hands-on support of oracle/MySQL instances throughout the full development cycle.
* At least 5 years of experience in establishing and managing development standards as well as documenting training materials, policies and procedures.
* Good in administrative support of Oracle and MySQL databases
* Good in implementation and support of Oracle R12 E-Business Suite
* Strong knowledge of Unix and Linux operating system (Our database servers are all on Oracle Solaris and Red Hat Linux platforms.)
* Comprehensive knowledge of WebLogic 11g and Oracle OEM and Management Packs for WebLogic, Oracle DB and Applications.
* Can write complex programs utilizing Sqlplus, PL/SQL and shell scripting.
* Highly developed skills for troubleshooting and solving database performance problems. Solid knowledge in tracing database performance issues, identifying common and uncommon performance bottlenecks, and tune SQL, PL/ SQL etc and make appropriate recommendations not only from the DBA perspective, but also from the server and network perspective.
* Good knowledge of how Security should be set up to architect new applications especially in the DMZ zones.
* Demonstrates excellent communication and organizational and follow up skills.
* Provides technical leadership for our DBA related projects.
* Can provide off-hour DBA support.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Comprehensive knowledge of NetApp snapshot technology. Can perform snapshot, snap mirror database related volumes, as well as cloning Oracle instances utilizing NetApp snapshot technologies. This would be huge plus.
* Working knowledge of MySQL.
* Expertise with Hyperion and Essbase, as well as ODI.
* Strong background with Java based applications including knowledge of Apache, tomcat and reverse proxy servers administration.