Looking for an experienced Senior Oracle DBA who is interested in working in a dynamic and complex technical environment. The Senior Oracle DBA will be responsible for the implementation of new technologies and support operations on numerous Oracle databases while working closely with internal clients, systems programmers, and application developers to define and resolve information flow and content issues---helping to transform business requirements into environment specific databases. In this position, the successful candidate will work with VLDB's (multiple terabyte) in a high availability, high volume transaction processing (OLTP), Batch and Reporting/DW environments on various platforms including Exadata (CS/CC), ODA, AIX, Linux, and Solaris.
1. Demonstrate advanced skills in Oracle utilities AWR, ASH, ADDM and OSWatcher; strong knowledge of OEM management and administration; proficient in problem diagnosis, shell scripting, performance monitoring and tuning and database backup and recovery
2. Work closely with senior leadership, clients, systems programmers, and development staff to define and resolve information flow and content issues
3. Work on multiple projects as an Oracle Architect/DBA or SME in database technology.
4. Configure, administer and implement complex database infrastructures, multiple replication technologies, multi-directional flows and other high availability architectural topologies. Must have strong SME experience in both Golden Gate and Exadata (CS/CC) systems.
5. Design and implement conflict detection and resolution (CDR) solutions for replication
6. Monitor and analyze performance metrics and allocate database resources to achieve optimum database performance
7. Support multiple servers and multiple databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology, transaction velocity and volume, system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data
8. Perform fail-over testing and demonstrate expert level knowledge of networks, storage, encryption, security, cloud and backup and recovery technologies
9. Manage the implementation of database upgrades and migrations.
10. Troubleshoot and remediate performance and capacity issues
11. Participate in 24x7 On-call Support
12+ yrs. of related IT experience. Bachelor’s Degree at College of Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience. Expertise in multiple computer languages, database utilities and development procedures and familiarity with emerging technologies. Candidate must possess an in-depth knowledge of complex technologies, tools, methodologies, the enterprise architecture and industry. He/She must also have a strong understanding of the relationship between information technology, business practices, consumer markets and industry and be able to apply that knowledge to support the needs of critical systems and projects. He/She must also demonstrate experience with Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c, 19c, ASM, Grid Infrastructure and RAC on Exadata (CC/CS), ODA, AIX, Solaris, Unix operating systems, knowledge of cloud technologies and backup and restore techniques for medium to very large databases. Extensive SME experience with Exadata (CC/CS) and Golden Gate replication (multi directional) and Conflict Detection & Resolution (CDR) is required. Strong experience in performance tuning, database architectures, replication, problem diagnosis and resolution, shell scripting, PL/SQL development, and backup and recovery is also required. Candidate must also have in-depth experience in troubleshooting problems relating to the Oracle database that may originate or exist in the infrastructure that supports the data store including but not limited to application server, network, storage or operating system component/layer. Candidate will also participate in 24x7 Oncall Rotation.
Scope of Job:
Works on complex systems and project issues with database leadership and supports problem calls around the clock. Coaches and leads other database administrators and provides subject matter expertise to business associates. Competencies:
Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c, 19c, ASM, Grid Infrastructure, RAC, Exadata (CC/CS), ODA, AIX, Solaris, Golden Gate, CDR, RMAN, OSWatcher, Toad for DBA, SQLPlus, OEM, AWR, ASH, ADDM, SQL Developer, Putty, WinSCP, ERWin, Office Suite, VMAX, XIO, PMAX, ZDLRA, DDBoost, NetBackup