Please note that this is a 5 months contract position.
The client seeks Oracle Database Administrators with a primary focus on development to support application database development on U.S. Government web- and mobile- based applications. Candidates must possess the required qualifications noted below in order to be considered for this role. Those in boldface represent key qualifications required for this role.
• 10+ years’ experience with Database maintenance including monitoring and maintenance tasks (Linux, Windows, etc.).
• Proficient in Database architecture and design.
• Proficient with both logical and physical design
• Proficient in strong database concepts
• Implement Logical and relational design using SQL developer or Erwin or any Data modelling tools.
• Design and build new database structures and objects.
• Ability to perform backup and recovery tasks
• Hands-on ability with installation and building database structures and objects
• Strong proficiency developing and maintaining shell scripts as well as programming in PL/SQL
• Experience working with development teams in supporting the creation and support of varios database artifacts such as table, views, links, triggers, etc.
• Experience with queries and performance tuning
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction. Must be a strong verbal and written communicator and team player.
• Ability to clearly communicate both business and technical terms and information/requirements/instructions to a wide variety of audiences (face-to-face, teleconference, phone and email)
• 5+ years’ experience supporting database development for web development teams.
Additional Qualifications (Nice to have but not required) :
• Proven experience defining requirements and specifications for customizations associated with Oracle forms, reports and interfaces
• Proficiency in RAC, Dataguard, and ASM
• Experience with applying patches and upgrading database versions
• Familiarity with RMAN
• Experience with Control-M and Batch Job deployment
• Experience with ServiceNow
• Experience with Microsoft Excel and Visio
• Oracle certification
• Proven ability to develop and maintain documentation
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A769.