Carrollwood, FL Description:
Our client is looking for an Oracle DBA
to work on a series of important projects. Title
: Oracle DBALocation
: Tampa, (Carrollwood area)]Type
: Long-term contractNote
: W2 or C2C (H1B friendly, NO OPT/CPT ) Scope
Designs, documents, implements, monitors, secures, and supports Oracle other database systems to meet the business requirements of the organization. Maximizes the performance, security, reliability, and availability of all databases.Essential Functions:
- Designs, documents, implements, monitors, secures and supports Oracle and MS SQL relational, OLTP, OLAP, and star schema databases and other database systems.
- Plans and manages patch application on all database servers.
- Creates, distributes, and enforces standards for user account, group, and database security and configuration for all production databases and for non-production databases that may contain PHI or other sensitive data protected under HIPAA, Sarbanes Oxley, or other state or federal regulatory requirements.
- Designs, documents, implements, and monitors archive and other essential log file configuration, operation, and location.
- Designs, documents, implements, and monitors backup of critical database files to tape or other approved media, and other database protection or high availability solutions such as replication, mirroring, shadowing, or RAC.
- Monitors performance issues on all production and non-production databases (as applicable) implementing performance monitoring and trending on all production and applicable non-production databases with tools such as Stats Pack, Enterprise Manager, and appropriate third party OS and Oracle or MS SQL and other performance monitoring tools.
- Provides monthly reports to management on performance on production databases including any performance exceptions and all requested performance data in a summarized, easy-to-read format.
- Designs, documents, and implements performance enhancing hardware, OS, or database configuration changes to improve performance using performance data collected to verify performance improvements.
- Creates, documents, and implements standard, secure, high-performance configurations for all Oracle and MS SQL and other database installs.
- Assist development and reporting groups in optimizing SQL statements in applications, batch jobs, and reports and in designing and using databases and database applications and processes for maximum performance, security, reliability, and availability.
- Responds to alerts or emergency issues within 15 minutes during normal business hours and when on-call
- Provides project management support for database and database systems projects
- Transfers knowledge to other IT staff
- Reviews new technologies against business requirements to identify opportunities for process, performance, reliability, or data management, storage or backup improvements and to identify opportunities to improve performance or reduce costs.
- After hours work may be required for upgrades to production systems to avoid system downtime during business hours
- Must be able to be available for after-hours support via cell phone or pager 24x7 when on call.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to drive are required to allow for infrequent (less than 5%) travel to remote sites for support and installations as necessary.
- Required A High School or GED 3 years IT experience plus 6 years DBA experience
- Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in a related field Bachelor's degree may be substituted for the 3 yrs IT experience required
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field Master's degree may be substituted for the 3 yrs IT experience and 1 yr of Database administration experience required
- Required 6 years of experience as Oracle Database administration (Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, Trouble shooting, Backup and recovery etc)
- Required 3 years of experience in Information technology (in addition to the database administration experience required)
- Mandatory experience with Oracle RAC/Clusterware
- Preferred experience with Oracle Exadata
- Mandatory experience with Cloning
- Mandatory experience with Performance tuning of SQL queries
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions and written polices and procedures to ensure adherence to standards and to instructions from management.
- Must be able to document and diagram solutions using standard formats. Documentation must be grammatically correct, factually accurate, and appropriate to the target audience.
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Must have advanced level experience in at least 1 database technology and at least intermediate level experience in another database technology.
- Required Advanced Oracle Database Management System (DBMS)
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Visio
- Must have a good understanding of database design for relational, OLAP, OLTP, and star schema databases
- Required Beginner Microsoft Project
- Required Advanced MS SQL
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with non-technical staff and end-users for requirements gathering, testing, training, and outcome validation.
- Must be able to communicate technical solutions to management for review and approval both verbally and in writing.
- Must have a good understanding of database security.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com