• Administrate Oracle Databases in 11g and 12c/18c. Manage Real Application Clusters and Dataguard. Support Recovery Manager and OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
• Administrate and Manage PostgreSQL Database environment including tuning, clustering, troubleshooting.
• Architect the PostgreSQL environment to support application requirements including the use of read replicas, number of connections, managing concurrency etc.
• Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any unplanned downtime.
• Knowledge of Performance tuning skill to identify Database operational issues and operating system level and able to provide the solution quickly to resolve production issues. Experience in analyzing the Database Health check reports like AWR, ADDM, OEM Diagnostics Packages.
• Help in developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently prior to production release.
• Establish and implement processes/automation which ensures repeatative tasks are taken care by automation process using IPSoft,Ansible etc.
• Automate and perform regular database maintenance (e.g., Vacuum, Reindexing, Archiving, Connection pooling).
• Out of hours rota and weekend working as required.
• Ensure compliance with operational / change management guidelines.
• Support for application and infrastructure BCM tests.
• Knowledge of supporting Databases on cloud would be advantage.
You will have experience and knowledge of:
• Oracle RDBMS 11g; 12c /18c
• PostgreSQL 9.6,10,11,12
• Oracle Dataguard, RAC and RMAN
• Oracle Performance Tuning and troubleshooting
• Automation experience using shell scripts, iPSoft, Python, etc is a plus