Dallas, TX 75251
4 month contract (w/ potential to hire based of workload and performance)
Robert Half Technology has an exciting opportunity with a Wholesale Distribution company for a Database Administrator who is proficient at and enjoys solving problems involving multiple layers of complexity. This may be the position for you if you are a skilled problem solver with fine-tuned decision-making abilities. The long-term temporary-to-full-time Database Administrator position will be in Dallas, Texas. TOP SKILLS
- Oracle 12.2 Implementation experience
- Oracle 12.x Upgrade experience
- 5+ Years Oracle DBA Experience
For more information or to be considered for the opportunity, please reach out with your updated resume! Alyssa.Fritzke@rht.com Major responsibilities
- 80% - implement, configure, fine-tune Oracle 12.2 as a parallel build to current 12c environment. This client has many different applications that use Oracle that have custom integrations, so getting to 12.2 in Dev, QA, and this will be a multi-person, multi-month initiative.
- 12.1 to 12.2 upgrade activities, including but not limited to developing and documenting upgrade process.
- The ideal candidate would be comfortable performing an upgrade using DBUA, or using command line.
- 20% - KTLO as require: this could be anything from fine-tuning queries, to granting access, to troubleshooting application-specific Oracle failures with folks from the apps team, etc.
- Patching existing 12.1 Oracle databases and clusterware, assist with database refreshes and on-going Oracle DB issues.
For more information or to be considered for the opportunity, please reach out with your updated resume! Alyssa.Fritzke@rht.com