Z, INC. has an immediate opening for a full-time Oracle Database Developer, SQL, PL/SQL, ETL as an employee with benefits working onsite at the U.S. Energy Information Administration in Washington, D.C. Candidate must have experience in database design, object oriented programming, working with customers to identify requirements and translating these requirements into design. Skills should include Oracle PL/SQL, SQL. Experience with Visual Studio 2008, C#, object oriented programming, and stored procedures a plus. Must be a U.S. citizens and pass a background investigation.
- Responsible for writing database stored procedures and functions using PL/SQL with little oversight.
- Experience with Extracting, Transforming, and Loading (ETL) data with little oversight.
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements; data relationships and attributes; data flow; data output and reporting capabilities.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure; reviews business requests for data and data usage; researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality.
- Designs data structures to accommodate database production; storage; maintenance; and accessibility; develops screens and queries; tests designed applications.
- Provides technical support and guidance to users; maintains current knowledge of relevant software applications as assigned; may serve as team or technical task lead and provide guidance; participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
- 6+ years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
- High level oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of system architecture design best practices.
- Able to write SQL code from given specifications, analyze the results, debug issues and create documentation.
- Oracle PL/SQL, SQL
- Highly skilled IT professional with extensive experience in data processing including applications programming, testing, user documentation and training.
- Participates in the design; maintenance; troubleshooting; enhancement; coding; and administration of relational databases.
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements; data relationships and attributes; data flow, data output and reporting capabilities.
- Innovative and stable work environment
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401K, profit-sharing, Short Term Disability, training, vacation/sick leave
- Opportunity to manage projects
- Telework Option available one day a week after building quality reputation
- Salary dependent on experience ($90-$100k)