Are you tired of managing databases and operational issues and want to focus more on solving problems and adding value through product development? This position allows you to leverage all of your Oracle expertise to produce complex, highly optimized PL/SQL programs.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for developing great software in a highly collaborative agile team environment with a hunger to continuously learn, grow, and improve.Location
- Take ownership of the maintenance and development of key database product components within including PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, triggers, packages, and complex analytical and financial reports
- Analyze, design, and develop lean, secure, well-documented and testable code of moderate complexity using modern design techniques that conform to the requirements, established technical architecture, and industry best practices
- Produce written test cases, unit tests, and integration tests and perform necessary application testing to ensure code quality and adherence to requirements
- Collaborate with product managers, business analysts, developers, and QA in an Agile development process to ensure effective communication among all stakeholders
- Troubleshoot software issues to determine root causes and provide solutions
- BS/BA in computer science, computer engineering, math, or relevant coursework; or comparable work experience.
- At least one year of experience in software development, including object-oriented design and programming.
- 3-5 years of proven experience and deep knowledge of SQL, development of Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures, and database performance optimization. Equivalent experience with T-SQL may be considered.
- Exposure to Oracle PL/SQL Collections, Bulking techniques, Analytical Functions, and other 12c functionality is highly desirable.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Oracle Reports Builder or Oracle BI Publisher and SQL scripting. SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with any of the following is desirable:
- Web services and working with JSON and XML data payloads.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.