General Summary: Strong hands on development in the areas of Data Warehouse (DW) technologies, ETL processing to provide in-depth analysis of application/systems to assist in the development of solutions to meet business requirements. Design, codes, tests, maintains and documents SAP BO to support the business automation / business intelligence needs of the organization. Works closely with business operation to gather and analyze specifications and requirements. Usually participates on development projects of large scale and complexity. Maintains and updates programs/applications/systems and associated documentation as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide production support, development and implementation with respect to PRIMMA’s data warehouse/ database environments, SAP reporting application and eOASIS ODS forms.
- Performs extractions, transforms and loads data involving complex data transformations, change data capture, and error handling from disparate application systems and various data sources using different formats into a data warehouse/BI environment utilizing Oracle PL/SQL.
- Utilizes the data warehouse tables to build SAP Business Objects Universe data foundation layers using Information Design Tool (IDT).
- Design, code the report dashboard utilizes SAP Webi development tool.
- Maintain, Design and develop crystal reports.
- Create dashboards using Tableau or similar tools.
- Work closely with the Business operation to understand business requirements, source to target mappings, data models, and universe designs in order to develop highly efficient and highly scalable Universe data foundation ensuring delivery of business needs in a timely manner.
- Create innovative solutions to automate invoice, business operation.
- Analyze database environments and suggest methods to improve operational efficiency and scalability
- Assist with planning and performing database upgrades and updates
- Create and maintain technical documentation as it relates to specific applications
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- Mimimum 3 years experience ORACLE PL/SQL, using packages, procedures and functions.
- Minimum 2 years experience developing business intelligence applications / reports, SAP Business Objects
- Property & Casualty insurance operations - Professional Liability a plus.
- Good knowledge of database / data warehouse modeling and design concepts required
- Experience utilizing various programming language required, C, .Net, Java preferred
- Experience with script programming helpful
- Familiarity with web development languages and knowledge of web-development architecture preferred
- SAP BI Architecture, modeling, development, trouble shooting and requirements gathering
- Familiarity working with source control tools, GIT preferred
- Must be detail-oriented and have good organizational skills
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain effective working relationship with departments, employees, management and clients