Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Developer to deliver technical solutions, enabling the smooth functioning of the Oracle ERP system. You will design, develop and implement technical solutions in Oracle EBS that conform to Oracle EBS standards. This position is in the Business Enablement group within Computation's Enterprise Applications Services (EAS) Division, matrixed to the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO).
This position will be filled at either the SES.3 or SES.4 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Design, develop, customize, and support highly complex applications in Oracle EBS for Finance modules, by troubleshooting, identifying issues, and performing root cause analysis.
- Build and support customizations, including reports, interfaces, extensions, and conversions.
- Solve data relationship problems by designing processes and data structures to ensure data integrity across inter-related application environments.
- Collaborate with customers to identify and clearly define business requirements in order to propose, design, and implement technical solutions.
- Author and update user and application support documentation.
- Complete technical reviews, support code migration, and provide technical artifacts for an internal knowledge base, while collaborating with a technical team.
- Leverage escalation paths to ensure timely and successful resolutions to service requests, working with LLNL teams and Oracle support for identified issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the SES.4 Level
- Provide technical team leadership and manage support activities within the Finance and EBS product portfolio to enable team members to meet production support requirements.
- Collaborate with functional stakeholders and technical team members to address contractual requirements, financial policies, procedures, and guidelines through technical solutions.
- Design and architect highly complex solutions in Oracle EBS, factoring emerging technologies and product supportability.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in Oracle EBS 12.1.x and/or 12.2.x in a production support environment or in a full life-cycle implementation effort.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience in EBS foundation modules, such as, AOL, Workflow, Concurrent Programs, Reporting, Configuration, and the underlying package data models.
- Significant experience in integrating Oracle EBS with ancillary/third-party systems.
- Advanced technical skills in Oracle Database, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix/Linux, JDeveloper, OAF Customizations, Extensions, and Workflows.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience in one or more of the EBS functional modules, such as Account Payable, Account Receivable, Project Costing, Project Billing, General Ledger, Sub-ledger Accounting.
- Significant hands on in-depth technical experience in design, development, unit testing, deployment and post-production support of Oracle EBS components
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, communicate technical information, create technical documents, prepare and present on technical topics, and provide advice to management.
In Addition at the SES.4 Level
- Substantial experience working as a team lead with a strong understanding of the entire Oracle ERP, including integrations with custom and other off the shelf solutions.
- Substantial experience managing complex IT implementation projects.
- Highly advanced ability to manage, coordinate, and guide other functional and technical professionals, as well as to collaborate effectively with senior management.
- Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field or the equivalent combination of education and significant related experience.
- Knowledge of Java and experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience in Oracle EBS Web ADI, form personalization, web page personalization, and experience with Procurement/Supply Chain modules.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, wewill initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if youmeet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applyingcutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.