Oracle EPM Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager role will be assigned project(s) within the Financial Services business area focused on the implementation of Enterprise Performance Management solution. Ideally, the candidate has experience implementing Oracle Cloud Solutions and a background in Finance/Accounting or similar work experience (within Pharma or Biotech a plus).
They will report to the IT Portfolio Director responsible for the G&A portfolio. The Senior Project Manager works with minimal supervision and is responsible for applying advanced Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. Additionally, the Senior Project Manager has proven experience leading successful strategic initiatives in a large, matrixed organization.
- Work closely with the Portfolio Director and PMO Operations to identify and promote best practices and continuous improvement in PMO processes, systems, tools and reports.
- Understand the objectives and requirements, both at a high level and a detailed level, to provide continuity of vision and understanding across the team throughout the full lifecycle of the project.
- Author and ensure the quality and on time delivery of PMO artifacts related to the project, as well as timely execution of SDLC gate check processes.
- Accountable for project budgets, forecasts, revisions, and project-related accruals.
- Coordinate the creation of the Project Charter, which should include: the resource plan and roles, the communication plan, a description of major features or work products, lists of major milestones, potential risks, and project dependencies, and the project budget.
- Work with the BRM to ensure that the Project Charter clearly defines the business objectives and measures of success and ensure that the team understands this during program kick-off.
- Expanding on the project charter, build-out and manage to a named resource loaded and activity linked (via predecessors/successors) Project Plan including tracking of key project milestones, (e.g., specify goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of project risks and dependencies, issue resolution processes, contingency plans, and change controls).
- Work with Product Management IT delivery team to ensure alignment and quality technical delivery
- Manage the project team (and/or vendor’s team), ensuring that team members deliver quality work on time and on budget while rigorously managing scope and delivering the expected value proposition.
- Anticipate challenges, track and actively manage dependencies, issues and risks and escalate as appropriate to the Program Manager or Portfolio Director. Ensure all are tracked in a comprehensive RAID log
- Provide weekly status and work with the Portfolio Director and the BRM to provide client and stakeholder transparency and project level reporting.
- Ensure end to end traceability is followed by project team members from business requirements through testing plan/scripts/results via traceability matrix
- Organize and facilitate UAT of applications with the assistance of the BRM (responsible for providing business-side UAT resources) and directly participate in early UAT to ensure readiness.
- Training and mentoring between 1 - 3 Project Managers; and Project Managers periodically may be assigned to work with the Senior Project Manager on a large project.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in IT project management
- 10+ years of experience in multi-product implementation
- 10+ years of Oracle/Hyperion EPM Project Management
- 10+ years of working with Big 4 Vendors (Deloitte, Accenture, KPMG, EY)
- 5+ years of Project Management the Finance/Controllership function5+ years resource management experience
- 5+ years of experience working with and managing vendors and partners
- 5+ years of project budget management
- Bachelor’s in Finance or Accounting or similar work experience
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Applications (ERP/Financials/EPM) strongly preferred
- Pharmaceutical or biotech experience
- Advanced degree (MBA or Master's degree)
- PMP or Prince2 certification
- Experience with growth-stage companies
- Experience with the Planview PPM tool and reports
- Experience in a similar Business Unit and technology
- A history of successfully managed COTS and SaaS enterprise implementations
Knowledge and Experience:
- Solid understanding of Project Management Office, SDLC and governance best practices
- A track record of high quality, successful, on-time and on-budget delivery of major projects
- Budget management and financial reporting experience
- Sound business acumen and client-focus
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong long-term relationships, communications and interact professionally with a diverse group of Executives, Managers, and Subject Matter Experts in both IT and business unit groups
- Passion for managing change, as well as achieving high quality results
- The demonstrated ability to effectively organize, influence and motivate diverse teams to achieve goals
- Experience commanding status meetings and effectively holding team members accountable for status, deliverables and timely escalation of blockers
- A history of successfully managing vendors and vendor-implemented packaged software
- Collaborate closely with Business Analysts, Solution Architects and Application Quality Assurance to provide continuity and promote a consistent understanding of the business requirements and objectives throughout the full lifecycle of the project
- Actively anticipate, track and plan for project risks and issues, dependencies, and resourcing (working closely with the Program and/or Portfolio Director on cross-team dependencies and impacts)
- Function as a trusted advisor to the Program Manager and/or Portfolio Director and the Business Relationship Manager
- Build strong relationships and gain trust
- Understand business requirements, values and goals
- Communicate changes in status, risks, issues and dependencies quickly
- Work closely with the Program Manager and/or Portfolio Director and Business Relationship Manager on client and stakeholder communication and reporting
- Escalate issues that are blocked to the Program Manager and/or Portfolio Director in a timely manner
- Demonstrate an analytical, objective, and strategic mindset
- Analyze processes and systems, identify potential for change and champion opportunities for improvement, with the assistance of the Program Manager and/or Portfolio Director
- Possess a solid understanding of previous technology solutions implemented; and bring that passion for technology to this role as well
- Familiarity with commercial Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) tools and reports
- Advanced MS Office skills (Teams for collaboration/project management, PowerPoint for status and management reporting, Excel for tracking & financials, Word for project deliverables/documentation, Visio for business process mapping)
- Expert level for MS Project
- Understanding of Oracle’s processes and engagement model and how to acquire support as needed
- Understanding of Oracle Cloud EPM and ERP Solutions
- Oracle Cloud Financials
- Training and experience with Agile development practices a plus
- PMI, Agile CSM or PSM Certification a plus
- Experience with Confluence, MS SharePoint Team sites, Jira Agile a plus